Organization: Expertise France
Closing date: 16 Feb 2017
The Head of Operations provides direct support to Program Director in the daily management of Expertise France (EF) Syria projects based in Turkey. She/he assists in project coordination. She/he also manages and supervises general management of EF employees recruited for the mission, represents EF in the absence of the Program Director and ensures the general safety and security of the mission.
She/he is involved in operational aspects as well as EF project partner relations in Turkey and in Syria.
Working under the authority of Expertise France General Management France and under the responsibility of the Syria/Turkey Program Director, the Head of operation provides support in the following areas:
Working under the authority of Expertise France General Management France and under the responsibility of the Syria/Turkey Program Director, the Head of operation provides support in the following areas
Head of Operations
Country or Region
Strategic planning and analysis
- Support the Program Director in the planning of quarterly and annual activities
- Include and maintain EF’s projects in Syria within the framework of European institutions, EU member states and other international agencies
- Support the Program Director in monitoring the development of the Syrian crisis and ensure that EF’s strategy and the implementation of projects take into consideration the changes
- Support the Program Director in the follow-up of humanitarian and non-humanitarian issues in Syria and turkey and (re)define projects accordingly
- Represent the Program Director in case of absence
- Support the Program Director in the follow-up and analysis of security issues in Turkey and Syria.
- Coordinate the implementation of projects in Syria and Turkey. Support and accompany projects managers and partners in the implementation of programs
- Analyse and select projects submitted by Syrian or Turkish partners for financing within the framework agreement defined by Expertise France
- Coordinate the drafting of new projects /proposals in close liaison with the HQ
- Support and accompany staff during project implementation
- Update activity planning tools on a regular basis and ensure they are communicated to HQ
- Guarantee the application of Expertise France ” In-house » procedures
- Ensure the implementation of adequate systems to support emergency actions in Syria (and in Turkey)
- Maintain/manage/develop the use of the Monitoring and Evaluation system ensuring a maximum level of transparency and efficiency
- Ensure that reports are delivered to financers in a timely and professional manner during steering committee
- Ensure implementation of projects in close collaboration with local partners.
Human Resource Management
- Support Program director in the management of the team based in Gaziantep, Istanbul and Ankara (Turkey)
- Coordinate EF employees based in Turley to ensure smooth running of projects and development of new activities
- Supervise recruitment of local teams recruited to manage projects and asses the level of skills required as the project develops
- Define employee line management, objectives and carry out regular performance assessments for each employee as well as employee evaluations
- Manage and support local and foreign employees, maintain agreeable and efficient work conditions in order to meet project objectives
- Ensure knowledge transfer and team capacity
- Support all Program Director relations with the diplomatic team of the French Embassy in Ankara and the General Consulate in Istanbul
- Represent the Program Director in her absence whenever needed to represent Expertise France on a local or national level to authorities (Turkish and Syrian transition authorities) implementation partners, European commission UN agencies and sponsors.
Qualifications and skills
- A minimum of 7 years proven experience in operational management of emergency projects and or stabilisation;
- Proven capacity in team management skills and ability to ensure their safety;
- Good command of project management life cycle including strategic planning, development, management follow-up and evaluation. Good working knowledge of European Commission procedures required;
- Experience in administrative, financial and logistics management;
- Experience in follow-up and evaluation of projects ;
- Experience setting up remote project management ;
- Preferable prior knowledge of working in Turkey/Middle East;
- Proven ability to cooperate and negotiate with local and institutional partners as well as government representatives;
- Excellent level of English (oral and written). Knowledge of Arabic or Turkish would be an advantage.
- Relevant university degree (eg. Political or social science, international development, community development) or experience;
- Excellent communication skills ability to adapt to a diverse multicultural environment;
- Diplomatic, patient and determined;
- Experience in the management of integrated multisector projects.
How to apply:
Please supply :
- CV ;
- Cover letter
Together with CV, candidates have to give full coordinates of the company which is to be contracted by Expertise France.
Your application should be adressed to:
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Fees for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb