Organization: Sustainable International Medical Relief Organization
Closing date: 10 Feb 2017
Sustainable International Medical Relief Organization SIMRO established by a group of Syrian doctors by the beginning of 2015 and registered as an NGO in Turkey under the name “Sürdürülebilir Uluslararası Medikal Yardım Derneği”, based in Gaziantep.
SIMRO is providing medical educational, medical relief and nutrition in conflict areas Syria.
“Public Health Initiatives”.
“The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease”
Providing medical aid, medical education training and treatment and to save people’s lives in the conflict areas. We aim to facilitate response, ensure the sustainability of provided services and support people with their rights of equity and high quality health services.
Reports to: CEO
Duration: One year extendable
Under the direct supervision of CEO, the MEAL Manager will be will be responsible for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of all SIMRO’s Projects. He/ She will create and that the program complies with organization and donor’s MEAL standards. The MEAL Manager should have the ability to work with MEAL staff and promote a learning environment. MEAL Manager will supervise and provide support to his/ her staff of implementing partners.
He/ She responsible for full-cycle of monitoring and evaluation, developing a methodology and tools to design an evaluation of all projects.
Moreover, MEAL Manager will submit timely and accurate reports as required on projects indicators on a quarterly and annual basis.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1- Establish MEAL Department for SIMRO’s Projects, and create all Policies and Procedure for MEAL activities.
2- Involve in recruiting process for expanding MEAL team and write Job Description for them.
3- Responsible for Monitoring and Evaluation:
* Ensure that all projects are in compliance with SIMRO’s MEAL Policies and Procedures and strategic initiatives.
* Lead the project monitoring design initiatives and develop the M& E plan.
* Manage the implementation of projects evaluations/assessments such as baseline and surveys, mid-term and final evaluations.
* Ensure the implementation of M&E plans including management and cleaning data, analysis and learning mechanisms; improve these systems based on lessons learned.
* Develop and update an operation manual to ensure all MEAL documents and tools are up-to-date, and available.
* Lead the implementation of data quality controls and annual data quality assessments to ensure the integrity of project data.
* Ensure that MEAL systems allow for quality reporting for timely decision making.
* Supervise MEAL team in strategically preparing and reviewing MEAL calendars.
* Responsible for MEAL capacity building activities, training, workshops.
* Coordinate with CEO and Finance Manager to track and adjust MEAL budget of the project.
* Establish and lead an Accountability Working team to increased beneficiary accountability.
* Support MEAL staff to integrate methods into M&E systems and tools.
* Explain for project staff the basic principles and practices of beneficiary accountability.
* Guide project managers to ensure that they consult with male and female beneficiaries in one or more communities to define indicators for project success.
* Supervise implementation of feedback and response channels and development to reflect the preferences of beneficiaries.
* Ensure the beneficiary feedback is effectively documented, analyzed, and applied by the team.
* Ensure that MEAL and program teams regularly review and accordingly adjust MEAL plans and tools in the light of changes and needs in the field context based on monitoring data and reflection sessions
* Support learning-to-action events and reflection sessions to systematically analyze data for programmatic use, and to document and incorporate lessons learned into program design and implementation.
* Supervise and support the Knowledge Management and Learning Officer in his/her key activities including development of a learning agenda, organizing regular learning events, supporting operations research, and reflecting, documentation, and communication of learning initiatives.
6- Knowledge Management
* Guide and monitor Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) Officer in developing and overseeing the knowledge management and knowledge sharing systems and practices to gather, document and share best practices of consortium members.
* Facilitate the identification of lessons learned and best practices and collaborate with MEAL staff and program managers to develop learning briefs, technical manuals for dissemination.
* Guide KML Officer to promote adoption of the best practices in knowledge management by other consortium members/technical partners.
* Coordinate synergy between MEAL team and other departments staff.
* Establish appropriate linkages especially with government agencies.
8- Any other MEAL tasks assigned by the CEO.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Advanced University Degree (Master is desirable) in social sciences, statistics or related fields.
* Minimum 3 years of managerial & MEAL experience with an NGO.
* Excellent spoken and written skills in English and Arabic.
* Demonstrated experience with data collection and analysis.
* Excellent knowledge of office applications and acquaintance with knowledge management systems.
* Excellent experience and knowledge of reporting regulations for various donors.
* Ability to share and encourage sharing of knowledge and experience.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and strategic planning skills.
* Proven ability to plan and execute ideas, as well training skills.
* Decision maker.
* Ability to manage complexities and respond to developments.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Demonstrate proactivity and detail-orientation.
How to apply:
All interested candidates in the position who meet our requirements, please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 10, 2017 stating in the subject “**MEAL Manager**”.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey (residence permit or work permit, valid passport) or have a valid Turkey ID.
SIMRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
SIMRO considers all applicants on the basis of merit regardless to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb