Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 02 Mar 2017
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director, Finance & Administration
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Administration for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Uganda. The project will work to enable vulnerable households in Uganda to improve nutrition and achieve sustainable food and livelihood security.
The Director of Finance and Administration will give overall leadership and coordination of financial management and administration of the project by promoting financial stewardship and accountability in all project operations.
The expected duration of the project is five years and it is expected that the position will be based in Kampala. Availability of this position is contingent upon release of a solicitation (RFA/RFP) by USAID and recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Uganda laws
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Oversee and manage all sub award processes and grants programs under the project
- Provide technical assistance to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Manage project procurement processes
- Review and approve recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team.
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID
- Manage and liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial and administrative practices and records
- Manage a finance and operations team in charge of budgeting, financial reporting, accounting, administration and procurement.
- Bachelors degree required or Master’s Degree or higher preferred in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required
- 12+ years of relevant experience in financial management, including 5 years overseeing the finance and operations of large and complex USAID-funded projects
- Minimum of 5 years managing sub grants
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb