Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 02 Mar 2017
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director, Finance
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Finance and Grants Director for an anticipated USAID-funded Citizen’s Involvement in Health Governance Activity in Guinea. The activity will focus on improving health governance in key areas to increase public confidence in the country’s health system. The Finance and Grants Director will be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the project, including budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub award management, procurement, and logistics. The Finance and Grants Director will establish and maintain sound financial management practices, and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and USAID procedures, rules and regulations. The position will report to the Chief of Party.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of financial management, monitoring, procurement, and reporting for all project tasks.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, subaward and operations aspects of project;
- Supervise a team of finance, administration, grants, and procurement staff and ensure their compliant and efficient support to the project’s activities.
- Ensure compliance with all FHI 360 and USAID financial regulations, preparing and delivering all USAID required audit reports, and ensuring that audit findings and recommendations are properly addressed.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets;
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters;
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting;
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID;
- Oversee an extensive portfolio of grants to local organizations. Work with program staff to establish a grants management system; support NGOs in preparing project proposals, develop project budgets and evaluate project results; facilitate the grant selection process; monitor and report on grant activities; and provide technical assistance and training to grant recipients.
- Advanced degree in business administration, finance, accounting, international development, or a related field
- At least five years of experience working in or with the NGO sector, especially in financial management
- At least six years of experience with grants project management
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies
- Solid experience using QuickBooks or other computer accounting software
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and USAID rules and regulations is strongly preferred.
- French fluency and English proficiency required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb