Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 05 Feb 2017
UK PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT & QUALITY TEAM
Various UK Locations
As part of the expansion of our senior team, we are looking for an ambitious and experienced individual to join our UK Programme Development & Quality Team as Head of Early Learning Services. You will lead a team in sustaining excellence in Save The Children’s established programmes and supporting innovation in new programmes. The focus is on helping schools and nurseries engage and collaborate with parents in support of children’s learning, and enhancing the support provided by services to children growing up in poverty.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-nationals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential. In the UK, our new strategy focuses on children in poverty and the early years, and on supporting children coming to the UK as a result of international conflict.
As Head of Early Learning Services you will work closely with our national delivery and policy teams to ensure our work has a tangible, sustainable and positive impact on children’s wellbeing in the UK and on the wider sector. You will provide strategic leadership to our Early Learning Services programmes based on in-depth insight into the sector and the needs of children, so that our programmes change children’s outcomes and influence practice across UK systems. In addition you will:
- Ensure a clear strategic vision and objectives for each programme and for scaling and sustainability
- Develop and support fundraising and income-generating strategies for Early Learning Services programmes
- Establish and sustain strong partnerships at a senior level with sector organisations and delivery partners
- Represent our work on Early Learning Services, ensuring a high profile for our programmes, building capacity and influencing change within the sector.
To be successful you will be driven by a desire to make a difference for children growing up in poverty. You will have extensive experience of senior management and leading high performing teams. Extensive experience of leading programme development and operations, with a very sound understanding of the principles of effective programmes, is essential. A credible leader with established positive relationships in the sector, you will be solutions focused and able to manage many competing priorities. You will also have excellent skills in partnerships, collaboration and influencing, including establishing and managing senior strategic partnerships and working with partners to drive through shared objectives. In addition you will have:
- In-depth knowledge of early learning services, particularly nurseries and primary schools, including existing provision, policy, funding and stakeholders
- A strong grasp of evidence relating to children and families’ needs and effective intervention approaches in this area
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret and distil complex data
- Understanding of sector and market needs and dynamics
- A track record of securing high levels of funding from a range of funders
- The ability to travel frequently within the UK and to spend weekly time in London.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongl y believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information about this and other senior opportunities in the UK Programme Development & Quality Team, and details of how to apply, please visit our website
Closing date: Sunday 5th February at midnight
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb