Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 12 Feb 2017
UK PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT & QUALITY TEAM
As part of the expansion of our senior team, we are looking for an ambitious and experienced individual to join our UK Programme Development & Quality Team as Head of Quality, Learning & Improvement. You will lead a specialist team to ensure that our UK Programmes are of the highest quality and have robust evidence bases.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-nationals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential. In the UK, our new strategy focuses on children in poverty and the early years, and on supporting children coming to the UK as a result of international conflict.
As Head of Quality, Learning & Improvement you will lead evaluation, monitoring, participation and continuous quality improvement strategies across our programmes, maximising our impact on children in the UK. You will ensure there are effective data management systems in place in order to drive programme improvement, evidence improved outcomes and build the evidence base for our programmes. In addition you will:
- Lead the development and embedding of strategies for programme implementation, adaptation and quality which can be delivered at scale
- Support co-production and participation across UK Programmes, to ensure our work promotes and reflects the voices and perspectives of children and families
- Work closely with our national delivery and policy teams, using their frontline expertise to drive programme improvement, and ensuring they have the evidence they need to support programme advocacy and to influence national systems
- Represent our work on quality, learning and improvement, building strong relationships with partners and ensuring a high profile for our work
To be successful you will need extensive experience of leading programme evaluation, quality management and improvement processes, and an in-depth understanding of evaluation and improvement methodologies. Flexible and proactive, you will have a ‘can do’ attitude and strong skills in managing high performing teams and complex programmes of work. In addition you will have:
- Substantial experience of delivering sustained improvements to programmes and services and of using data and evidence to drive improvement
- A good understanding of the early years sector including existing provision and policy, and a sound understanding of the evidence relating to families’ needs and effective interventions
- A strong track record in securing funding for research and evaluation from a range of sources
- A commitment to excellence in people management and highly developed management skills
- The ability to travel frequently within the UK and to spend weekly time in London
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information about this and other senior opportunities in the UK Programme Development & Quality Team, and details of how to apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday 12th February at midnight
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb