Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 10 Mar 2017
Communications Internship, Arlington, VA
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Position Summary: **
MSI is now accepting applications for its Communications Internship position. The position is available immediately and will last until approximately August, 31, 2017, with the possibility for extension based on performance, how well the candidate works with the team, and the needs of the Communications Department. The internship will provide each individual an opportunity to use and refine his/her own skills and exposure to international communications. MSI works to ensure that interns are well-engaged in the MSI work community and allows interns to learn and grow professionally.
Upon arrival at MSI, interns are given a brief orientation introducing them to some of the tools that they will need for their internship. The Communications Intern will be assigned to work on producing communications products as well as support tasks primarily focusing on logistical, contractual and training events. Typical tasks may include:
- Write project and results-based online website content extracted from technical staff and documents
- Research & write social media posts and participate in the management of corporate SM accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Organize archival photos and files on communications server
- Maintain consistent stock of project profile files and other printed materials for dissemination at events and presentations
- Replenish marketing materials appropriate areas around the offices
- Work with video producer in shooting, reviewing footage, editing, transcribing, creating labels
- Assist in outreach to Project Managers to arrange meetings, interviews for project profiles and project updates
- Assist with ordering materials for the team
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere)
- Basic familiarity with Word Press CMS preferred.
Internships require a commitment up to 28 hours/week. Applicants residing or attending school in the DC Metropolitan area are preferred. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb