Organization: Crown Agents USA
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 09 May 2017
Crown Agents USA is seeking a Director, Health Systems (HS) for our Washington, DC office.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity.
Crown Agents USA delivers practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security,health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
Role & Responsibilities
The Director is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation and management of the Health Systems (HS) practice area, including strategic planning, project management, personnel, budgeting, and client management. S/he will contribute to the CA-USA Health Systems practice area strategy implementation goals by participating in thought leadership while building and maintaining relationships within the global Crown Agents’ community. S/he will lead CA-USA’s Health Systems business development efforts through: identifying proposal opportunities; providing technical guidance to bid facilitation teams; maintaining relationships with the donor and prime organizations; and participating on bid teams, resulting in an increased book of business for the U.S. division of Crown Agents.
- Provide strategic support in the identification of Health Systems proposal opportunities;
- Design and implement Health Systems practice area strategies;
- Supervise and mentor the Health Systems project team members, conducting regular performance reviews and analyzing team performance, identifying training and development gaps;
- Provide technical Health Systems inputs during the bid and proposal process on issues related to effective Health Systems practices;
- Review, edit, and finalize technical sections of proposals and budgets, providing leadership and clear technical direction throughout the proposal process;
- Establish and maintain appropriate Health Systems systems, policies and procedures; ensuring Health Systems staff receive necessary training;
- Promote collaboration between home office and field based office project team, communicating regularly and leading regular update meetings;
- Hold overall responsibility for implementing the team staffing plan, including defining roles and responsibilities, reviewing job descriptions and recruiting personnel in coordination with the Recruiting Department;
- Responsible for clarifying roles, mapping practices and procedures, analyzing methodologies, suggesting adjustments, and training staff as required;
- Maintain full and up to date knowledge of project issues including regularly monitoring progress toward milestones and critical tasks, and ensuring level of authority is followed;
- Provide technical expertise in implementation of Health Systems contracts using proven best practice, Health Systems project management techniques;
- Provide technical support and quality assurance in the development and oversight of strategic work plans for Health Systems projects;
- Overall responsibility for creation and presentation of monthly programmatic reviews to directorate staff;
- In coordination with senior leadership, identify risks and trends, implement appropriate solutions and manage outcomes;
- Responsible for ensuring that Health Systems projects are performing within budget and opportunities to maximize revenue are identified;
- Provide overall direction and quality assurance oversight of Health Systems staff members, ensuring that project transactions, forecasts, budget, cash flow and invoicing are properly accounted for, and accurately identifying any variances;
- Act as central point of contact with Health Systems clients including issue resolution, negotiations, and general contract communication;
- Ensure that all technical Health Systems directions are conformed to, including all necessary written approvals are obtained and financial, personnel and operational reports are compiled and submitted in line with client and donor requirements;
- Provide mentorship of best Health Systems practice methodologies;
- Act as development and career progression advocate for Health Systems team members, promote collaboration and transfer of ideas and information between home office and field based teams, and instill CA-USA values by example;
- Contribute to the CA-USA Health Systems strategy implementation by participating in thought leadership and building/maintaining relationships within the global community for new Health Systems bid opportunities, enhance existing strategic partnerships and expand current projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Economics, Business Administration, International Development, or a related field required; additional experience can relieve the Master’s requirement dependent upon client requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Ten years of project management experience, out of which seven or more years Health Systems-related programmatic management is required.
- 15 or more years related experience in a Health Systems program management role required.
- Prior experience ensuring quality and timely financial management and budget management of Health Systems projects.
- Prior experience designing Health Systems projects in broad subject matter areas required.
- Related work history carrying out technical writing and managing the bid production process required.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for the company mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives, and effectively manage budgets.
- Strong record of effectively leading a performance-based and outcome-based program and staff, including experience developing and operationalizing strategies that have taken a program or organization to the next stage of growth.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and managing a strong team of staff, program/project managers, and business development professionals.
- Prior management of USAID, MCC, or privately funded projects desired.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- Persuasive, credible, and polished communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Strong knowledge and history of effectively contributing technical inputs for Health Systems programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with best practices in Health Systems.
- Strong analytical skills; business intuition, and common sense.
- Solid judgment and apparent leadership skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate or above skills in MS Office Suite applications required.
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual or multilingual ability is preferred.
- History of international travel and/or management of projects overseas highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being successful in challenging environments and difficult situations, which is inherent in this position.
- Legal ability to work in the United States is required.
- International travel up to 30% required.
No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your application through our website: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj06/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CROWNAGENTSUSA&cws=37&rid=3228
Read more here:: ReliefWeb