Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 05 Mar 2017
Evaluation Reviewer, USAID Education Syntheses, Washington, DC
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
MSI is the lead implementer of USAID’s E3 Analytics and Evaluation Project, which supports the design and implementation of rigorous evaluations for USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment. Under this Project, MSI is carrying out a synthesis of the evidence generated from a set of evaluations published between 2013 and 2016 that pertain to USAID education projects. This study will also assess the validity and reliability of evaluation methodology for the same set of evaluations. The final synthesis report produced by MSI will help establish criteria for valid, relevant, and robust evaluation designs and data collection methods, and will inform future Agency education programming worldwide.
**Please note: Candidates in the Washington, DC metro area are encouraged to apply.
MSI is currently seeking three reviewers to work with the MSI research team and assess evaluations of USAID education projects using a tool developed by MSI and USAID. Applicants should have demonstrated experience in education programming, and the design and implementation of evaluations for USAID or similar international donor agencies. This is not a full-time position.
- The Reviewer will read any background documents provided by MSI for this activity.
- He/she will then conduct the following activities:
- Participate in a 1-2 day training (held at MSI offices in Arlington) on the framework and tools (including the data capturing system) used to assess evaluations.
- Participate in inter-rater calibration sessions to ensure proper understanding of the framework and tools and consistent scoring across reviewers.
- Complete reviews of approximately 10-20 evaluations using the framework and tools to be provided by MSI. Each review is expected to take approximately one day to complete.
- Participate in discussions with the MSI team regarding the use of the tool and possible adjustments.
- Additional data analysis activities, as requested by the MSI team.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field; PhD preferred
- Seven (7) years of experience working in international development.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and implementation of evaluations, preferably both impact (i.e., experimental or quasi-experimental) and performance (i.e., those without a counterfactual) evaluations.
- Sound knowledge of USAID’s Education Strategy and Goals
- Sound knowledge of USAID program cycle including familiarity with USAID Evaluation Policy.
- Native-level fluency in English, including speaking, writing, and reading.
- Outstanding analytical and report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb