Organization: Internews Network
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 10 Mar 2017
Under the supervision of the Senior Advisor on Policy and Strategic Development and the Senior Program Associate – Program Support, the Government Affairs Junior Support Assistant will provide valuable assistance to Internews’ obtaining first-hand knowledge and experience with Capitol Hill and overseas development projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Researching Members of Congress regarding committee affiliations, personal connections and additional information that may be relevant to Internews’ mission.
- Tracking information in Salesforce.
- Compiling thank you notes.
- Researching and reporting on the media environment in specific countries/regions.
- Attending and reporting on congressional hearings regarding democracy and development issues.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven organization skills, with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Have interest in international development, media rights, and government affairs.
- US work authorization required.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Available at least 8 hours a week.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb