Organization: Population Services International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 24 Mar 2017
People Business Partner
People, Learning & Performance
Based in Washington, DC
Up to 10% international travel
Reports to the Sr. People Business Partner
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI’s People, Learning and Performance (PLP) Department is the organization’s cultivator of talent, employee development, and culture. We constantly focus on nurturing a positive employer brand both externally and internally with prospective candidates and in PSI colleagues’ minds and hearts. We’re responsible for people – everything from recruitment, hiring, onboarding, benefits, performance management and career growth. Our customer centric team balances bringing the fun while keeping it real to achieve our ultimate purpose of finding the best people and keeping them by creating an environment where they thrive and do their best.
We are looking for a People Business Partner who will partner with PSI’s HQ and field departments. We need an HR rock star who can balance the need to be a business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude. We are looking for a smart, motivated, and energetic person who excels at understanding the needs of his/her customers.
This full-time position is based in Washington, DC, reports to the Sr. People Business Partner, includes up to 10% travel.
Setting the Path. You’ll partner with various teams in Headquarters to offer WOW customer service and thought leadership regarding people strategy and execution. You know how to align business objectives with employees and management for various business units.
Coaching PSIers. You will work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, promote PSI culture, build morale and positively impact employee engagement. You love coaching, counseling and providing day-to-day guidance to employees and managers.
Be the front line. You will be the first point of contact to help manage and resolve complex HR issues. You are calm, cool, and collected when it comes to mediating issues and know when to lean on senior leadership within PLP if necessary. You also are happy to implement people related actions for compensation, rewards.
Bring the Expertise. You will be the go-to resource for managers on business unit restructures, strategic workforce planning, job description development and succession planning. You feel comfortable seeing the business needs and translating them into talent forecasts and sharing them with the broader PLP team (i.e. recruitment or learning and performance).
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Social Sciences, Business or related field require. HR Certification(s) and experience working with international teams strongly preferred.
- At least eight years of HR experience across a wide range of disciplines from compensation practices, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and sound knowledge of federal/state employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience working in an international context supporting a diverse workforce.
- A high energy, thoughtful HR partner who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details
- Strong communication skills.
- Confident, professional and possesses strong analytical and influential skills to effective resolve employee issues
- Has a passion for PSI’s mission, and a sense of humor to easily connect with colleagues and enhance a positive team environment.
- French or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 5%.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb