Organization: Population Services International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 08 Mar 2017
Job title: SBC Senior Technical Advisor: Prevention of Mosquito-Borne Diseases through Vector Control*
Department: Malaria, Child Survival & Sanitation Department Based in Washington DC
Reports to the Vector Control Operations Director, Prevention of Mosquito-Borne Diseases through Vector Control Project
Up to 30% international travel
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from malaria prevention and treatment to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from doctors, epidemiologists and professionals from the medical industry to marketers from the fast moving consumer goods industry – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI and its local affiliates manage malaria control programs in 32 countries and are world leaders in malaria control implementation delivering 42 million treated mosquito nets and almost 19 million treatments for confirmed malaria cases in 2016. More specifically, PSI supports national Ministries of Health to deliver LLINs to achieve universal coverage through campaigns and continuous distribution channels including schools and health facilities for free to the end user as well as via the retail sector (including social marketing).
We are looking for an SBC Senior Technical Advisor to enhance USAID’s ability to plan, implement, provide technical assistance for and monitor and evaluate vector control messaging and behavior change campaigns as part of an integrated vector control package as part of a large donor funded multi-country, multi-year program. This integrated vector control program will support program delivery across public, private and community channels, and potentially shape the future of vector control globally.
The objectives of the project are as follows:
- Direct implementation of, and/or technical assistance for implementation of proven, life-saving vector control interventions for mosquito-borne diseases, utilizing an integrated approach to vector control.
- Provide support for data-driven decision-making and guidance to inform strategic deployment of vector control interventions for mosquito-borne diseases
- Strengthen the capacity of host countries to design, implement and monitor proven, life-saving vector-control interventions for mosquito-borne diseases
- Where preliminary evidence of efficacy and feasibility exist, pilot the scale-up of novel vector control interventions, methods or approaches that are under WHO review, or modifications to existing, proven vector control interventions for mosquito-borne diseases in real-world programmatic settings.
This position is contingent upon project award.
You will support participating countries by:
- Build local capacity of selected entities (government and/or civil society) in design, implementation and evaluation of SBC programming.
- Support Project Director in reporting to donor and representation of the project externally at events, conferences and meetings.
What are we looking for?
- Masters’ degree in Development, Public Health, Communications, Marketing or a related field;
- 7-10 years of experience working with public health programs in developing countries;
- Experience working in developing country setting
- Demonstrated success in generating innovative and effective behavior change or marketing solutions;
- Experience building capacity of civil society and/or government entities in social and behavior change communications.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in the field of malaria;
- French an advantage;
- References will be required;
- PSI will consider work visa sponsorship for this position subject to legal eligibility requirements.
- Level 5
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb