Organization: Social Impact
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 02 Mar 2017
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
The Senior Director of Finance/Controller (SDF/C) is an integral member of the Social Impact team and acts as the primary financial officer of the organization, overseeing the finance and accounting functions. The SDF/C is responsible for the company’s financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, field project accounting, client invoicing and accounting policies and procedures. The SDF/C reports to the Chief Operating Officer and manages a small but growing department that currently includes 5 staff.
Management and Leadership
- Oversees the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Coaches and mentors team members and facilitates their professional development. Responsible for performance management of direct reports.
- Anticipates future staffing needs based on workload projections.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manages outsourced functions.
- Maintains banking relationships.
- Collaborates across the organization to increase efficiency in financial processes that cross departmental lines and strengthen the financial management capability of staff.
- Serve as a resource for members of the Executive Team, counseling them on fiscal control, federal regulatory compliance, and departmental business performance, including cost allocation.
- Builds the capacity of program staff in project financial management.
Accountable for timely, compliant and accurate execution of all functions of the accounting department including cash management, A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, General Ledger reconciliations and payroll.
Maintains a system of internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial management transactions.
Maintains an orderly accounting filing system.
Financial Management and Reporting
Leads preparation of the annual budget and forecasts and provides regular variance reporting.
Provide cash flow projections and analysis to assist in managing the company.
Oversees the preparation and communication of accurate monthly and annual financial statements.
Develops and utilizes forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
Works with Executive Management in analyzing the financial impact of strategic business decisions.
Leads initiatives to introduce new technology platforms that support improved financial analysis, management and reporting.
Serves as the primary contact with outside auditors and coordinates all independent audits as well as federal and donor specific audits.
Ensures proper filing of tax returns.
Prepares annual NICRA submission.
Ensures accurate and timely financial reporting in compliance with national and client specific laws and regulations, including GAAP.
Keeps up to date on accounting and audit best practices and state and federal on accounting and audit requirements.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a related field or substantial relevant coursework. Minimum 15 years of progressive experience in finance and accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of financial, accounting and payroll software.Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL, ReQlogic, Unanet, ADP Workforce and Quickbooks a plus.
- Experience working with USAID and USG contracts. Knowledge of private foundations, other bilateral and multi-lateral donors preferred.
- Knowledge and experience preparing indirect cost submissions.
- Working knowledge of FAR and AIDAR.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong decision making ability and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Proactive, collaborative, creative problem solver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of staff in various technical areas and at different levels across multiple countries.
- International experience in a developing country setting and foreign language skills a plus.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb