Country: United States of America
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The Accounting office manages TechnoServe’s accounting and reporting function for global operations based from Washington, DC. The function lies within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer along with Grants and Contracts, Planning and Budgeting and Internal Audit. The Accounting staff coordinate and communicate internally and externally in support of the TechnoServe global network.
Assist with the overall HQ accounting activities, manage balance sheet accounts, analyze and monitor cash activities, prepare reconciliations and supporting schedules, and perform month-end closing activities for a complex international non-profit organization.
As Staff Accountant you will:
- Enter HQ and field cash receipts/wire transfers for award and charitable contributions.
- Ensure reliability and accuracy of entered data.
- Reconcile contributions in Raiser’s Edge to the general ledger (G/L).
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and schedules.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and review banking activities.
- Reconcile intercompany transactions.
- Assist with the monthly close including recording journal entries, analyzing G/L accounts, recording adjusting journal entries and accruing expenses each month.
- Manage TechnoServe fixed assets paperwork and recording in financial system; such as recording fixed assets by unit, calculate and prepare depreciation entries, prepare fixed assets schedule and file supporting documentation.
- Assist Regional Financial Analysts and field offices with issues related to Fixed Assets and other requests as needed.
- Provide support for donor audits, annual financial audit and OBM Circular 133 audit.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting plus at least two years of experience.
- Knowledge of fund-based accounting and experience with nonprofit organization.
- Experience and knowledge in providing account analysis, managing accounts payable and accounts receivables, and general ledger activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to effectively interact with diverse groups of domestic and international colleagues.
- Accustomed to working in fast-paced environments while providing high quality, accurate and timely information.
- Able to analyze G/L accounts and resolve transaction discrepancies and errors in a timely manner.
- Experience working with accounting information systems.
- Knowledge of Serenic Navigator.
- International accounting experience.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWNvd2VsbC43NjY4Ni4zODMwQHRlY2hub3NlcnZlLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Read more here:: ReliefWeb