Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 04 Mar 2017
Technical Director for Strategic Communications, Arlington, VA
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com .
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position.
The Technical Director will support the development and execution of external communications and outreach efforts designed to proactively engage stakeholders and multilateral donors. S/he will leverage experience with supporting strategic communications initiatives, including leadership messaging, strategy development, and stakeholder engagement. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong analytic, writing, and leadership skills while bringing strong technical skills in public relations, marketing and/or strategic communications. S/he will be familiar with USAID’s approach to communications/outreach and possess broader knowledge of U.S. foreign and development policies. Previous work experience with the USAID, MCC or State Department is highly desirable. Previous training experience in an international setting preferred.
- Undertake technical work in the area of strategic communications on current donor projects.
- Contribute to proposal work in the field of strategic communications.
- Contribute to expanding MSI’s technical offering in strategic communications.
- Serve as a resource to other technical areas/practice areas to incorporate as needed, strategic communications into project implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of strategic communications or a related field.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing communications strategies in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute media outreach and events.
- Demonstrated ability to craft information messages in various formats including success stories, website content, social media content and more.
- Extensive writing and editing experience.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb