Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 05 Mar 2017
Technical Manager/Director, Management and Business Development, Arlington, VA
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
The Technical Manager/Director will provide leadership and support for MSI’s Education Practice Area’s management, business development, and technical activities. S/he will report to the Education Practice Area Leader and collaborate with the team’s Technical Directors, Managers, and Associates. S/he will liaise between MSI’s Education Practice Area and Operations Division, Business Development Unit (BDU), and other practice areas. S/he will support the Education Practice Area in the areas of staffing, management, and operations. S/he will lead business development activities within the Education Practice Area such as (but not limited to) identifying and coordinating responses to funding opportunities and representing MSI to establish/solidify partnership opportunities. S/he will also provide technical support to projects in the Education Practice Area as needed.
- Serve as a technical manager/director and provide technical support on education projects as needed.
- Support staff management of the Education Practice Area in terms of needs analysis, recruitment, project allocations, and professional development.
- Strengthen collaboration with MSI’s Operation Division, BDU, and other Practice Areas.
- Lead periodic updates of the strategic plan to support growth priorities within Education Practice Area.
- Lead new business development for the Education Practice Area and liaise with BDU to staff proposal teams and produce technically sound and compliant proposals. Ensure quality of education proposals and contribute to the design, writing, and review of bids as necessary.
- Conduct reconnaissance trips for strategic opportunities and meet with funding agencies, government officials, and potential partner organizations and staff.
- Coordinate with BDU to identify and track new funding opportunities from a diverse array of donors, including USAID, World Bank, UNICEF, private foundations, and other agencies.
- Analyze and communicate new business development trends and priorities within the education sector to executive leadership and BDU.
- Liaise with and represent MSI to donors and partners with potential to fund and/or implement new education projects.
- Work collaboratively with the Education Practice Area staff to update project descriptions and information for the MSI website.
- Master’s degree in education or related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in work on international education programming.
- Management background on donor funded projects in a field and/or home office.
- Previous collaboration with donors such as USAID, World Bank, UNICEF, and private foundations.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key organizations, working groups, and professionals in the international education sector.
- Successful experience in writing proposals for new projects.
- Knowledge of USAID technical procurement procedures, including different funding and contracting mechanisms.
- Strong writing, editing, computer, and analytical skills.
- Team player with orientation towards both the home office and field programs.
- Prior work in developing countries.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb