Organization: Save the Children UK
Closing date: 19 Feb 2017
Salary: £29,793 per annum + £2,500 Hardship Allowance
Fixed term contract for 24 months
Internationally Mobile with 75 – 80% travel
We are looking for an experienced and flexible individual to join us as WASH Coordinator in our Humanitarian Surge Team and be deployed in small or medium scale emergencies, as well as to support existing humanitarian programmes globally. Internationally mobile, you will join the Save the Children WASH team which works to support newborn and child survival in emergencies.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Humanitarian department integrates emergency and development work, through our country programmes. It increases our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As WASH Coordinator in the Humanitarian Surge Team you will play an important role within Save the Children’s humanitarian strategy. You will be an active member of Save the Children’s UK’s humanitarian department, and contribute to organisational learning and help build organisation capacity to respond effectively to emergencies world-wide. In addition you will:
- Develop project plans and budgets, with support from the Country WASH Sector Advisor and/or other senior programme staff, contributing towards an overall thematic programme plan and masterbudget
- Prepare and oversee project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities
- Undertake gender analysis on current WASH programmes to review the level of gender sensitivity is designed in and being achieved
- Conduct pre-crisis and crisis market mapping
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Save the Children staff and partners, conduct relevant trainings using the WASH training modules and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff
- Assist with advocacy activities that target decision-makers in-country.
- Support the global WASH team on areas of research, innovation, knowledge management and programme quality development.
To be successful you will be educated to BSc/BA/BEng level in Public Health, Water Engineering, or a related subject, or have equivalent field experience. Politically and culturally sensitive, you will have previous experience of managing a WASH team. In addition you will have:
- Experience of working internationally in WASH-related programmes in a humanitarian context
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
- The ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Experience of training and capacity building WASH staff
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
Language skills in French and/or Arabic are desirable, as is experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 19th February 2017
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Thus shortlisting, interviews and assessment mat take place prior to the advert closing date.
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website via the link below:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb