Posted by: Smile Train
New York, NY, US
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing, the Web Developer is responsible for web and database development and design. This includes integrating sites with back end applications; migrating legacy applications to the web; troubleshooting bugs, and performing day-to-day administration of the organization’s online portfolio. Use of a variety of web design / development languages is required.
This position demands an attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple requests. The ideal candidate will be an expert problem solver and be able to creatively brainstorm problems with the rest of the Digital Marketing team to determine the most efficient and effective solution. The ability to keep up to date on relevant technologies and explain technical issues and solutions to both technical and non-technical staff is also essential. Experience working in a team environment and reporting technical issues, both current and anticipated, is very important.
This is a temp-to-perm position with benefits.
- Design, build, and implement new web pages and sites;
- Develop new functionality and fixes in a Drupal/PHP environment, which is syncing to Salesforce.com;
- Assist in the development and tracking of timelines for online projects, including submitted projects from other departments;
- Collaborate with digital staff in responding to technical emergencies or outages;
- Support the implementation of new technology initiatives;
- Training staff, as needed, on current technology and feature enhancements;
- Help identify opportunities for new online projects that drive organizational objectives;
- And other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience developing a variety of websites, ideally with a nonprofit organization and/or an ecommerce company;
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required;
- Advanced knowledge of digital content creation tools, including HTML, CSS, content management systems, Google Analytics, and Bootstrap;
- Basic understanding of UX best practices;
- Drupal admin experience strongly preferred, especially with Rules Workflow and Views;
- Experience with Salesforce.com management and development or experience with a similar database and a commitment to learn Salesforce;
- Experience with a version control system, such as GIT a plus;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with staff, vendors, and consultants;
- Expert troubleshooter and problem solver;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple requests;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal); Ability to translate technical jargon to non-technical staff and vice-versa.
Read more here:: Idealist