Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 03 Mar 2017
Chief of Party, Evaluate for Improved Impact, Zambia
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
MSI anticipates an upcoming proposal for a five-year evaluation and research support services contract to support USAID/Zambia’s Health Office. The objectives are: 1) to conduct evaluations, operations research and assessments across the health portfolio (Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Health Systems Strengthening, Maternal Health, and Family Planning); and 2) build the monitoring, evaluation and research capacity of the USAID Mission, its grantees and local Zambian institutions.
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position.
The Chief of Party is expected to provide vision, direction, and overall leadership to the team in all technical areas for Evaluate for Improved Impact. S/he shall have principal responsibility for overall project performance, staff and team management, and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed on time and of high quality, goals are met and the client is satisfied.
- Serve as team lead, overseeing all technical assistance and support to USAID and its partners over the life of the contract.
- Serve as primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day implementation and management of the contract, resolving issues as needed.
- Represent the team to USAID, key counterparts and local partners at meetings, presentations and other interactions with the client and other partners.
- Ensure that all assistance provided under the contract, whether by international or local personnel, is technically sound, appropriate, and in compliance with all USAID and Zambian laws, contracts, regulations and protocols.
- Approve and submit reports requested by USAID; hold ultimate responsibility for the quality and timeliness and of all contractual deliverables to client.
- A Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in social sciences, public health, or other related discipline.
- Minimum ten years’ progressively responsible management experience of USAID-funded M&E, public health, or similar programs in developing countries; preferably five years in Africa with international programs.
- At least five years’ experience in evaluations and/or assessments is required.
- Previous experience as Chief of Party, Project Director or similar position with a strong reputation for developing excellent working relationships with counterparts, clients and donors.
- Exceptional communication, writing and interpersonal skills are required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb