Posted by: Community Youth Services
Olympia, WA, US
Community Youth Services is recruiting for a part-time (20 hrs / week) Payroll Assistant.
This position is responsible for the processing of, monthly payroll, journal entries, and other fiscal duties as assigned. This position is eligible for pro-rated benefits.
- Education and payroll/claims experience must equal a minimum of three years. If education is used to meet this requirement, degree/courses must be in a related field. A transcript may be requested to determine if courses taken qualify.
- Proficiency required in Excel, 10-key, and accounting and payroll software – current software systems include: Financial Edge, Paychex, Employee Navigator, myEvolv, and myLearningPointe,
- Must be highly proficient in payroll , and generally accepted accounting principles.
- The ability to pass an extensive background check with no history of conviction or perpetration of child abuse or physical harm to another person,
- Professional and personal conduct that maintains a personal and professional background so that criminal history remains free from unlawful conduct. Certain crimes may disqualify employees to have unrestricted access to children or vulnerable populations in accordance with Department of Social Health and Services policy and Washington State law. Professional or personal conduct that causes this clearance to be suspended or denied will result in suspension and/or termination of employment. (Pursuant to RCW 43.43.832, 43.43.832(7), 43.43.834, 43.20A.710 and WAC 388-06.),
- A valid Washington State Driver License with a three-year good driving record. The ability to pass and maintain a clean driving records check. Professional or personal conduct that results in a restricted or denied driving status could result in termination of employment,
- Proof of personal auto insurance levels at or above a $100,000 combined single limit must be provided once offer of employment is accepted,
- Must possess, or obtain within 30 days of employment CPR/1st Aid/Bloodborne Pathogen certification,
- A sensitivity and responsiveness to the cultural differences in the organization’s employment and service population, and
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team. (EOE).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgement skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED TASKS:
- Payroll and Benefits:
- Process new hire, termination, and employee changes in applicable data systems,
- Analyzes and validates direct service reports from the electronic health record and time and labor system to assign program distributions for payroll expense items,
- Quarterly payroll taxes
- Prepares various monthly payroll journal entries and reconciliations,
- Reconciles monthly benefit invoices to enrollment records for each benefit provided and completes check request for payment,
- Creates and provides training and tutorials for staff regarding all payroll and benefit related systems,
- Other Duties:
- Assists annual audit,
- Sets up new personnel profiles in various systems,
- Perform Affordable Care Act hours by month upload into benefit enrollment system for annual tax form processing.
Check out our benefit package on our website
Read more here:: Idealist