Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 30 Mar 2017
Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Advisor,
USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Afghanistan
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **The Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA) will assist USAID/Afghanistan in achieving the Agency’s vision for strengthened monitoring, evaluation and learning through four components. The components include: 1) Evaluation Technical Support Services, 2) Monitoring Technical Support Services, including third party monitoring, 3) Learning and Adaptive Management Services and 4) Program Support Services, including support for strategic planning and the development of the new Mission Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and Performance Management Plan (PMP). This is a five-year project with expected start in late 2017 or early 2018.
MSI is looking for a Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Advisor to assist the mission in maximizing the learning it obtains from the monitoring and evaluation assignments conducted by the project so that it may effectively adapt its programs to generate stronger impact.
- Work with the USAID/Afghanistan Mission to develop strategies to strengthen collaborating, learning and adapting
- Convene learning events to disseminate and reflect on monitoring and evaluation data, findings and conclusions generated by the project
- Prepare user-friendly summaries of monitoring and evaluation data, findings and conclusions to facilitate learning by Mission staff and other stakeholders
- Facilitate the development of learning agendas by Mission technical teams and develop research approaches for addressing those agenda
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience working in international development.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience across a combination of project design, monitoring, evaluation, learning and/or knowledge management, including experience facilitating the use of monitoring, evaluation or research findings to generate learning to improve development programs.
- A Master’s degree in organizational learning, knowledge management, development studies, development evaluation and management, or other relevant field of study.
- Prior experience working on donor funded mechanisms, familiarity with USAID program cycle preferred.
- English fluency is required.
- Experience in operating in complex, international environments, with multi-cultural and multi-ethnic setting is required.
- Experience in Afghanistan or conflict environment is preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb