Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 30 Mar 2017
Deputy Chief of Party (Finance & Administration), USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Afghanistan
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: The Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA) will assist USAID/Afghanistan in achieving the Agency’s vision for strengthened monitoring, evaluation and learning through four components. The components include: 1) Evaluation Technical Support Services, 2) Monitoring Technical Support Services, including third party monitoring, 3) Learning and Adaptive Management Services and 4) Program Support Services, including support for strategic planning and the development of the new Mission Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and Performance Management Plan (PMP). This is a five-year project with expected start in late 2017 or early 2018.
MSI is seeking a long-term Deputy Chief of Party, with a solid track-record in leading finance and administrative functions of an international development projects. The position will oversee financial management and reporting, procurement, human resources and security for this $50 million+ project.
- Provide overall leadership for the financial and administrative aspects of the project while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements and regulations and MSI policies and procedures.
- Establish and oversee financial systems in accordance with USAID and MSI requirements and international best practices.
- Lead budget planning and reporting.
- Work closely with partnering and subcontracting organizations to ensure rigorous financial and contract management.
- Develop and manage the project procurement system.
- Provide oversight of the human resources and recruitment function, including ensuring adherence to local laws.
- Supervise and liaise with security contractors and ensure adherence to USAID and MSI security requirements.
- Liaise with counterparts in the MSI home office on the full complement of financial and administrative functions.
- Minimum 15 years of international experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance or a related subject required; Master’s degree or MBA is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing finance and administrative functions for an international development project required. Experience with USAID projects and projects >$20 million preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant US federal regulations and procedures is preferred.
- English fluency required. Dari and Pashto language skills preferred.
- Afghan nationals preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb