Organization: Government of Afghanistan
Closing date: 05 Apr 2017
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project, which commenced in January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance (MoF) would like to recruit a qualified and experienced International- Senior Policy Consultant to the Ministry of Finance (MoF) to work with CBR Project Support Unit at (MoF) with the following duties and responsibilities.
Number of Positions: One Position – To be stationed at (MoF)
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Policy Consultant (PPP) at MoF/DGPPP shall provide consultation to develop and design policies, processes, procedures, regulations, manuals and guidelines for better implementation of PPP, design and conduct capacity building programs, and provide technical assistance to DGPPP and Line Ministries regarding PPP projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific roles and responsibilities expected of the Consultant are listed below:
- Assist and lead DGPPP in developing standard processes, policies, procedures, manuals and guidelines for project formulation and implementation, which are in line with established international PPP standards;
- Help develop standard methodologies for PPP project preparation, competitive bidding, negotiation and contract management of PPP contracts. These would include methodologies related to:
a) Project inception including screening for PPPs and Terms of Reference (ToR) for transaction advisors
b) PPP Feasibility Studies
c) PPP Bidding Documents
d) Negotiation Guidelines
e) PPP Contract Management
- Support DGPPP in research and development of all PPP relevant documents;
- Assist in developing Standard PPP Contract Provisions, which requires consultation and negotiation of risk issues with public and private sector bodies;
- Support DGPPP in expansion of Public-Private Partnership in various sectors, findings and analysis of advantage and disadvantage of Public-Private Partnership based on international practices and provide consultation;
- Identify pilot PPP projects to test proposed PPP policies and procedures. Apply and test the draft PPP procedures in pilot PPP projects;
- Help DGPPP to ensure that stakeholders understand the scope and objectives of the PPP activity;
- Assist DGPPP in providing recommendation in terms of financial, non-financial incentives and other relevant issues for implementation of PPP projects to DGPPP and all stakeholders;
- Develop the implementation strategy for the PPP activity;
- Support DGPPP in preparation, approval and implementation of DGPPP action plan in consultation with all potential stakeholders;
- Assist DGPPP in evaluating and reviewing PPP projects related documents to ensure that PPP projects are implemented in compliance with the law;
- Support DGPPP in reviewing of legal framework and consult on reforms in relation to Public-Private Partnership;
- Support DGPPP in designing, conducting and implementation of need assessment, and various levels of capacity building training programs on PPP legal framework and other operational process and procedures;
- Assist DGPPP in organizing workshops, seminars conferences and trainings at international training institutes with a specific focus on PPP, project financing and management etc to promote Government policy on Public Private Partnership’s best practices and the functions of the PPP Unit;
- Support DGPPP in research on national and international potential capacity building programs to enhance the professional skills and knowledge of DGPPP staff, government officials and private sector;
- Assist DGPPP in preparation of curriculum for capacity building trainings programs in collaboration with DGPPP related departments/Unit;
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as required or requested by direct supervisor in line with the job context
Master level degree or equivalent is required. Specialized certification can be considered as equivalent to Master degree;
· Proven experience of at least 10 (Ten) years in a senior advisory or management role advising on infrastructure or other relevant policy and regulatory issues;
· Proven experience of at least 5 (Five) years working in PPP projects;
· Substantial experience working in developing or under developed countries;
· Experience in responsibilities and duties that demanded oral and written communication skills and interaction with a wide variety of stakeholders to identify needs and achieve results;
· Experience in responsibilities and duties that required exceptional attention to detail, data quality, and accuracy of information;
§ Demonstrated understand of public policy and regulatory framework formulation and implementation;
§ Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with key personnel in Government, Donor Agencies and private operators;
§ Skilled use of Microsoft Office applications is essential.
§ Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing) is required.
Reporting & Supervision:
Duty Station: The duty station shall be the General Directorate of Public Private Partnership, Ministry of Finance, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Reporting Requirements: The consultant reports to Director General Public Private Partnership, MoF.
· Inception Report that provides a brief assessment of current status of PPP activity and suggest strategy to get the PPP activity moving quickly.
· Quarterly Progress reports that provide: a) updates on the implementation of the PPP activity, b) comments on issues that need to be considered or addressed, c) evaluation of the implementation of the PPP activity and d) recommendations to address issues and to improve the structure and implementation of the PPP activity. The reports will be based on the strategy and the work plan approved with the selected consultant.
· Training materials supporting of the PPP activity. These training materials will be delivered in English. DGPPP will hire the services of an official translator to translate the documents to Dari/Pastho.
· Final Reports: these reports will include the final observations and recommendations of the Consultant highlighting any additional analysis that may be required to ensure the overall advancement of the PPP activity.
Duration: The duration of the position would be for one year with possibility of extension depending upon performance with a 3-month probationary period.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Email address: email@example.com
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for Application:
The Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing chances for employment to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, national origin citizenship, ancestry, or any other characteristic almost universally considered to be protected by law.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV