Organization: Government of Afghanistan
Closing date: 05 Apr 2017
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project, which commenced in January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance (MoF) would like to recruit a qualified and experienced International- Senior Technical Consultant to the Ministry of Finance (MoF) to work with CBR Project Support Unit at (MoF) with the following duties and responsibilities.
Number of Positions: One Position – To be stationed at (MoF)
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Technical Consultant at MoF/DGPPP shall Provide technical assistance in Preparation, Review and analysis of PPP Projects concepts, Pre-feasibility and Feasibility studies and to present it to cabinet and HEC. Provide technical support in preparation of standard documents, monitoring PPP Transactions and provide support in tender processes. Manage and Provide support in developing Project Development fund and Viability gap fund. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific roles and responsibilities expected of the Consultant are listed below:
· Support DGPPP in preparation, approval and implementation of PPP unit action plan in consultation with all potential stakeholders;
· Provide practical advice in implementation of PPP policies and practices;
· Assist DGPPP in supervising financial administration, including the preparation of financial reports, budgets and forecasts with stakeholder are providing support to the PPP unit;
· Support the team in Assessment and analyze of entities and unsolicited proposal of private parties concepts to ensure that the concept criterion has been developed in accordance with DGPPP standards and provide suggestions for approval or rejection of submitted projects;
· Support the team in the development of PPP Projects Pipeline;
· Assist the DGPPP in the approval of PPP projects in accordance with the budget code requirements by providing expert advice on the structuring of the projects and the allocation of risk to the private sector in the review of the feasibility studies;
· Support for development and approval of Public Private Partnership National Policies, manuals, guidelines, investment modules and methodologies, support and provide incentives to activities and projects that can be made attractive to the Private Sector;
· Advise line ministries and other government entities on the pre-feasibility and feasibility studies required in order to demonstrate project viability;
· Advise on the appropriate financial structure for these projects based on a knowledge of the market’s ability to provide finance and bear risk and analyze all financial models, both in the feasibility studies and in proposals submitted as part of the competitive bidding process to ensure that the projects are affordable, financially sound and sustainable with appropriate risk allocation;
· Ensure that the government’s explicit and implicit fiscal obligations and risks are determined in the feasibility study stage and that these are communicated to the MoF risk and debt management unit and managed appropriately. This includes guarantees and other instruments;
· Assist in developing procedures to monitor the financial and physical progress during the implementation of PPP projects;
· Proposing improvements in procurement practices to accomplish the purposes of PPP Regulations, the Procurement Law and the Procurement Rules of Procedure and the PPP Manual;
· Support the team to Monitor PPP transactions according to the Public private partnership law, regulation and procedures;
· Support the team to monitor procurement process of public private partnership projects and to ensure that key principal of partnership is followed;
· Help develop and maintain effective communications and working relationships with PPP stakeholders;
· Provide technical assistance in management of Viability Gap Fund and Project Development Fund of Partnership projects, and Support the team to design implementation and management procedures;
· Support the team to design and prepare the guidelines for how to use VGF and PDF Evaluation and analysis of line ministry’s and entity’s proposals for PDF and VGF;
· Assist DGPPP in preparation of annual and progress reports, project appraisal reports and other relevant reports;
· Develop PPP capacity within DGPPP, by knowledge transfer through formal and informational methods;
· Any other tasks assigned by authorities in accordance with the assigned term and objectives.
Master level degree or equivalent is required. Specialized certification can be considered as equivalent to Master degree;
· Ten (10) years or more of professional work experience in tasks that are relevant to the activities of this assignment and that demonstrate that the Consultant possesses the knowledge and skills to perform the assignment successfully;
· Operational experience in developing PPP projects is required;
· Experience in responsibilities and duties that demanded oral and written communication skills and interaction with a wide variety of stakeholders to identify needs and achieve results;
· Experience in responsibilities and duties that required exceptional attention to detail, data quality, and accuracy of information;
· Experience in PPP projects in developing or emerging market economies is preferred;Required
§ Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing) is required.
Reporting & Supervision:
Duty Station: The duty station shall be the General Directorate of Public Private Partnership, Ministry of Finance, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Reporting Requirements: The consultant reports to Director General Public Private Partnership, MoF.
· All PPP projects in the PPP cycle managed effectively and in a timely manner;
· Inception Report and Assignment Work Plan within 4 weeks of start of assignment
· Quarterly Progress reports against the agreed work plan
· Training plan and other training materials supporting the PPP activity. These training materials will be delivered in English. DGPPP will hire the services of an official translator to translate the documents to Dari/Pastho.
· Final Reports: these reports will include the final observations and recommendations of the Consultant highlighting any additional analysis that may be required to ensure the overall advancement of the PPP activity.
The duration of the position would be for one year with possibility of extension depending upon performance with a 3-month probationary period.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Email address: email@example.com
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing chances for employment to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, national origin citizenship, ancestry, or any other characteristic almost universally considered to be protected by law.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV