Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 30 Mar 2017
Senior Monitoring and Verification Specialist, USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Afghanistan
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA) will assist USAID/Afghanistan in achieving the Agency’s vision for strengthened monitoring, evaluation and learning through four components. The components include: 1) Evaluation Technical Support Services, 2) Monitoring Technical Support Services, including third party monitoring, 3) Learning and Adaptive Management Services and 4) Program Support Services, including support for strategic planning and the development of the new Mission Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and Performance Management Plan (PMP). This is a five-year project with expected start in late 2017 or early 2018.
MSI is seeking a long-term Senior Monitoring and Verification (M&V)Specialist, with a solid track-record leading the collection of data in international environments. The candidate will be a development professional with at least 10 years of international development experience and a solid understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles, the design of technically sound data collection instruments and preparation of data reports. Some travel outside of Kabul may be required.
- Assist in the development of a USAID portfolio-wide monitoring and verification (M&V) plan including the specific parameters of site visits, asset verification and data collection for each of the selected USAID projects and associated geographic sites.
- Implement the M&V plan through overseeing site visits to capture and analyze data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Train and supervise local staff to complete M&V work at project sites.
- Prepare report templates and supervise local staff in preparing reports from each site visit.
- Work with USAID to ensure reports are designed and delivered in a way that meets the client’s needs.
- Occasionally travel to project sites outside of Kabul to oversee or troubleshoot data collection.
- Minimum 10 years of substantive experience with M&E of donor funded projects or other data collection efforts in complex developing country environments.
- Graduate level degree, or commensurate practical experience.
- Strong experience designing data collection instruments and overseeing collection and analysis of data.
- Experience developing data reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients to ensure data products meet their needs.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability.
- Experience in Afghanistan or conflict environment strongly preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb