Posted by: Wood’s Homes
Calgary, AB, Canada
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Clinician to work in the Eastside Family Centre Program. This program provides no-charge, walk-in, single-session counseling to individuals, couples, and families, and is located in northeast Calgary’s Northgate Mall; open Monday to Saturday. Services are for people experiencing emotional upset that may arise from a variety of situations ranging from parent/adolescent conflict and mental health concerns to domestic violence, financial stress and/or employment loss.
As a key member of the team, the Clinician is responsible for the provision of quality clinical services to a caseload of young people and families in the form of family, individual and group psychotherapy
This position reports to the Program Manager of Eastside Family Centre.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Performs assessments of young people/families as assigned. Provides a written report of the assessment following Quality Improvement guidelines.
- Provides clinical consultation/training to staff, practicum students, community professionals and other trainees, as requested.
- Actively communicates with community resources regarding Wood’s Homes clientele and programs.
- Performs as a member of an inter-disciplinary team and an active participant of the clinical team.
- Participates in research and other specialized projects, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Masters or Ph.D. Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Family Nursing, Art Therapy, or a related field.
- Is currently registered/has membership in the appropriate professional association/with the appropriate regulatory body.
- Is licensed in accordance with the Health Professions Act and provides services in accordance with professional standards, guidelines and ethics.
- Able to complete written documentation within established time frames.
- Must have own transportation.
- Personal suitability is important.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, Clinician EFC’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Read more here:: Idealist