Posted by: American College Health Association
Hanover, MD, US
The American College Health Association (ACHA) is currently seeking a part-time (up to 32 hours per week) Community Engagement Coordinator & Content Writer for a 10 month contract beginning April 3, 2017 with a possible extension dependent on success in the position. Special emphasis in this position will be placed on fostering association membership interactions via a newly launched online forum and enhancing membership engagement on our communications platforms (Email, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube). This position will also work to build relationships with our existing volunteer workgroup structure and build opportunities to enhance engagement and content arising from those workgroups. This position will also identify, research and write original content in support of engaging our volunteers and general public.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and launch ACHA’s new online communities
- Work with affiliates and ACHA experts to develop a strong webinar program
- Engage ACHA’s existing sections and volunteer teams to facilitate the development of new content
- Identify and conduct interviews with college health professionals and students in order to build original compelling content
- Research and write blogs and articles as needed to support ACHA’s expanded content
- Support and manage the growth of ACHA’s online community; and
- Develop and execute an effective association social media strategy.
- Active moderate and support ACHA’s online community
- Monitor and evaluate social media and online community engagement metrics.
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized and have direct experience managing and growing online community participation.
- Prior experience working with Higher Logic is preferred.
- Nonprofit, higher education or public health/health care communications experience preferred.
Read more here:: Idealist