Posted by: St. Francis House
Boston, MA, US
These are exciting times at St. Francis House, the largest day shelter in Massachusetts.
Located in the heart of downtown Boston, St. Francis House rebuilds lives by providing refuge and pathways to stability for adults experiencing homelessness and poverty. St. Francis House is a welcoming and inclusive community. Every day of the year, we enable an average of 500 men and women to meet their basic needs for food, clothing and shelter. We transform lives using a holistic approach to understanding and addressing behavioral health, housing and employment needs. We commit ourselves to helping those we serve achieve renewed lives of dignity and self-determination.
As a leader in the field of homeless services, St. Francis House is a strong, vibrant organization. Having just emerged from a yearlong planning initiative, St. Francis House has a renewed commitment to mission and a clear strategic vision. Building on our strong foundation of basic and rehabilitative programs, St. Francis House will grow and deepen our impact by further developing our focus on recovery and our employment and housing programs. We will ensure that we are doing the very best we can for those we serve by continuing to build a data-driven, outcomes-oriented culture that emphasizes the importance of continuous learning and growth. To achieve our vision, the agency is making significant investments in our staff across the agency.
If you want to make an impact in the lives of others, we want to invest in you. We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity within our organization.
The Corporate Engagement Officer will work to enhance current corporate partnerships and ensure they are cultivated and stewarded in a way that speaks directly to the specific priorities of each corporate partner while making sure the agency’s goals are met. This position will conduct prospect identification and research, and provide support in submitting proposals for event sponsorships. This position will also ensure ongoing and fluid communication with corporate partners and will regularly report on strategy and status to the Engagement and Events Supervisor.
We are seeking someone who thrives in a results-driven, fast-paced environment; enjoys building relationships; is a critical thinker; and is committed to the St. Francis House mission.
- Serve as primary contact with corporate partners, coordinate internal and external resources to ensure partnerships are effectively executed and partnership objectives are achieved.
- Actively work with the Engagement and Events Supervisor to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to secure event sponsorships from corporate partners through proposals.
- Manage a prospect list of corporate partners in Raiser’s Edge and identify new corporate partners along with strategic ideas for engagement.
- Work closely with St. Francis House grant writer to ensure potential grants available from corporate partners are entered into the SFH grant submission pipeline. Maintain a calendar with grant writer and adhere to time-sensitive deadlines.
- Update and maintain the corporate pipeline in Raiser’s Edge including action items, research notes, and relationships to inform cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Attend presentations and networking events as the St. Francis House ambassador to promote current and prospective corporate partnerships.
- Attending calls and meetings with current or potential corporate partners on an as-needed basis.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to ensure social media and online recognition strategy for corporate partners is well planned and coordinated.
- Coordinate volunteer and employee engagement opportunities for corporate partners, and conduct St. Francis House tours as needed to potential partners.
- Assist with administrative duties and high-priority department initiatives on an as-needed basis, including staffing donor cultivation and stewardship events.
•At least 3 years of consultative sales and/or development experience with a focus on corporate fund-raising or partnerships
•Demonstrated success creating collaborative partnerships
•Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities with meticulous attention to detail
•Ability to act with confidence and effectiveness when interacting with a wide range of personalities and levels of influence
•Possess a high level of integrity, work ethic and superior customer satisfaction.
•Excellent written and oral communication skills (must be comfortable with Public Speaking).
•Strong computer literacy skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; Raisers Edge database experience a plus
•Must be goal oriented, highly motivated and a team player
St. Francis House is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or protected veteran status.
Read more here:: Idealist