Posted by: Take A Breather Foundation
Narberth, PA, US
The Take a Breather Foundation, based in Narberth, PA is a unique organization that aims to make life a little easier for children living with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) by fulfilling their wishes. Our goal is to give these children, along with their families, the opportunity to “take a breather” from CF and focus on creating magical memories that will stay with them for a lifetime. Memories that will strengthen their hearts and minds as they battle the psychological, emotional and economic turmoil that accompanies life with Cystic Fibrosis. Founded in 2012 as a 501(c)(3) organization, the Foundation has been an outgrowth of the Narberth CF Run, which has been fulfilling the dreams of children since 1996, when we granted our first wish and sent a child to Disney World. Today we have granted close to 200 wishes, and we look forward to connecting with more children with CF until a cure is found.
Due to growth of our foundation, we are currently seeking a talented Development & Fundraising Professional with strong fundraising experience, including special events, social media campaigns, sponsorship solicitation and the ability to develop and nurture relationships with key donors, corporate sponsors and volunteers. This is a unique opportunity to direct your energy and talents towards achieving a “life enhancing” mission, while benefitting from the resources and support of a highly regarded regional non-profit organization.
- Pursue and obtain funds from foundations, corporations and individuals through fundraising events, annual appeals, strategic campaigns and grant-writing.
- Maintain donor database.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials.
- Oversee the planning and execution of a major TAB fundraising event to ensure that the event meets the strategic and financial goals of the Foundation.
- Assist with the planning and development of existing TAB events, which include, but are not limited to, the Narberth CF Run & Walk, Bowling for Breath, the Longport 5k Run.
- Manage budget and timeline for events to ensure that event operation is within given constraints.
- Recruit and cultivate volunteers and establish partnerships with local colleges, corporations and community groups to help meet volunteer requirements for events.
- Manage social media outreach via targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Promote TAB events via social media channels.
- Write press releases and contact local and national media outlets to share Wish Stories.
- Minimum of 2 years of successful fundraising/sales experience
- Highly self-motivated and results driven
- Proven organizational and project management skills
- Documented creativity and immersion in social media platforms (FB, Twitter, Instagram, LI etc.,)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven knowledge of MS Office, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Prior experience working with Non-profit organization(s) preferred
- Knoweledge of grant-writing a plus
If you love to build relationships, share your enthusiasm for a cause, and positively impact the lives of children battling this incurable disease, we’d love to hear from you.
Reports to: Director of Development, Take a Breather Foundation
Location: Narberth, PA
Read more here:: Idealist