Posted by: Rare
Arlington, VA, US
Rare is seeking an innovative, analytical and collaborative Development Operations Analyst for our Development & Communications team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Development Operations Analyst will be responsible for overseeing all of the management information systems, financial management and operational oversight for Rare’s Development & Communications team. The Development Operations Analyst will liaise closely with the entire Development & Communications department to optimize Rare’s CRM system (Salesforce) for donor identification, cultivation and solicitation. Specifically, the Development Operations Analyst will help set and track progress against annual fundraising goals, manage the department’s finances, and liaise with Finance and Talent to ensure compliance with the performance management system and other core business practices.
The Essential Functions of the role include:
50% Financial Management
Budget Development, Tracking & Analysis
- Develop annual Development and Communications budgets. Monitor and track budget expenses by analyzing budgets-to-actuals on a monthly
- Maintain a high degree of urgency, confidentiality and sensitivity to ensure timely handling of specific budget and planning materials. Deliver resource reallocation recommendations as appropriate to the CDO based on accurate budget and expense reviews.
- Work closely with the finance department to jointly manage budget
- Develop and maintain the pipeline management system to monitor both yearly funds raised and total
- Track fundraising goals on a monthly basis through monthly fundraising
- Liaise with CDO to set and track annual fundraising goals.
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of the revenue management system.
- Help design fundraising campaign financial goals and track progress on multi-year fundraising projections.
- Liaise with Finance team to develop systems to track cash flow and funds raised towards grants.
35% Salesforce Data Tracking and Business Operations Management
- Work closely with the Database Manager to overhaul the current Salesforce system to optimize and upgrade structure, processes and ensure data
- Work closely with the Prospect Researcher to optimize donor outreach and create tracking reports for development staff and fundraising activities.
- Utilize Salesforce to track revenue and facilitate accurate pipeline management and reporting.Create targeted monthly and annual fundraising reports for multiple donor
- Create targeted monthly and annual fundraising reports for multiple donor
- Work closely with Database Manager to establish report systems and parameters that ensure the uniform accuracy and efficacy of Salesforce
- Create guidelines with standardized processes for business operations that are communicated to the Development and Communications team.
15% Development & Communications Talent Management
- Liaise with the Talent team to ensure that the Development and Communications department complies with performance management
- Facilitate recruiting and onboarding for all new hires in collaboration with the Talent
- Work closely with the Senior Associate to the CDO to develop, track and analyze departmental scorecard and provide quarterly
Required Experience and Education
- 3-5 years of project management experience which includes budget planning and managing budgets of $1M+ in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. At least 2-3 years of experience in the business operations side of
- Experience with Salesforce is required, including the ability to pull reports, build dashboards and edit record fields and
- Advanced Excel skills required, including the ability to create financial projections, manipulate spreadsheets and construct pivot tables.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills, verbal and written, including the ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial work
- Sound business judgment and ability to manage shifting priorities and competing deadlines to ensure accuracy and high quality
- Basic knowledge of financial accounting, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing complex pieces of data and translating the results into concise
- Proven ability in relationship management and communications with senior leaders and high-level audiences.
- Penchant for problem solving and collaborating with different teams throughout the organization in a fast-paced
- Flexible; high comfort with ambiguity, and ability to adaptively manage situations.
- Prior experience in an international, cross-cultural work environment is essential with willingness to work flexible hours on an as-needed basis to serve the needs of a global organization with diverse time zone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
- Willingness to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of
- Familiarity with global conservation issues and fundraising landscape is a
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply; EOE/M/F/D/V
Read more here:: Idealist