Posted by: La Cima Charter School
Brooklyn, NY, US
Instructional Programming and Monitoring
- Oversee the development and implementation of all aspects of the classroom program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Facilitate the successful curriculum and lesson planning by teachers and assistant teachers, participating in planning and data meetings.
- Work with the La Cima’s Principal, ED and Kindergarten team to ensure cohesive transition and preparation of PreK scholars to Kindergarten.
- Work with the staff to ensure the successful administration and analysis of all assessments.
- Engage in responsive and continuous improvement of the instructional program based on actionable data and feedback.
- Coordinate with the Director of Scholar Support to identify and support students with special needs.
Staffing and Team Development
- Work with the Executive Director and Recruitment Coordinator to recruit, interview and hire program staff.
- Conduct professional development workshops for team as needed and in coordination with the NYC PreK for All team.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to staff to ensure data-driven responsive instructional practices.
- Scheduling and facilitating regular staff and one-on-one meetings.
- Conduct annual team evaluations in accordance with the full La Cima community.
Scholar, Family and Community Engagement:
- Regularly engage with our PreK scholars, spending time in classrooms and providing behavioral support when needed.
- Establish strong relationships with all PreK families, responding promptly and responsibly to family concerns.
- Plan for parent-teacher conference nights that strength family-school ties.
- Work with Student Information Manager to successfully identify, market to and recruit PreK students.
- Participate in and encourage family participation in schoolwide La Cima community events, including Spring in the Stuy and assemblies.
Senior Leadership Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the senior leadership team to set organization-wide goals.
- Participate in weekly SLT meetings to ensure cohesiveness and clear priority setting
- Participate in board meetings and strategic planning processes.
Read more here:: Idealist