Posted by: WE
Toronto, ON, Canada
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our visionis to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our missionis to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WEis seeking an Director, Program Management, AP® with WE Service to join our team. Working closely with the WE Schools’ Head, New Product Development & Partnerships, the Associate Director, Program Management, AP® with WE Service will oversee the day-to-day management of the AP® with WE Service program, a result of an exclusive partnership between the WE Organization and College Board. The program is currently operational in its pilot year and integrates WE Schools’ service learning framework into AP courses to provide students with an opportunity to experience experiential learning while earning a recognition that can be communicated to colleges and universities.
Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and have a passion and commitment to bringing global issues, service-learning as well as fundraising and awareness raising programs to classrooms in a way that’s accessible and engaging for students.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street), Ontario. Some travel to the United States is required, as is occasional weekend work.
- Serve as WE’s day-to-day point of contact for a large U.S. educational partner and an external monitoring and evaluation firm, while implementing a complex multi-year partnership
- Maintain and further the health and success of the partnership with a key focus on partner satisfaction and escalation of any new opportunities or risks
- Represent WE’s priorities and represent the partner’s needs and interests to other WE departments internally, always acting diplomatically and with the success of the program and partnership in mind.
- Attend partner meetings, educational conferences, WE Days and special events within the U.S. as required
Program Management and Development
- Under the supervision of the WE Schools’ Head, New Product Development & Partnerships and the Chief Operations Director of WE Charity, direct and liaise with WE’s Executive, Strategy, Business Development, Content and Curriculum, Legal, Marketing and Communications, Digital Media, Web Development, WE Schools, Research & Development teams, as well as external consultants, and external partner teams to develop high quality deliverables including curriculum modules, program marketing materials, training and promotional videos, statements of work, program website, etc.
- Supervise and manage front-line staff to ensure team members are trained to support the partnership and its stakeholders
- Responsible for aligning internal teams on the priorities of the partnership to ensure successful adoption of the program by AP teachers
- Compile and manage a detailed and complete project plan, including scope, schedule, and budget, as well as risk management inventory that represents WE’s work plan as well as the partner’s work plan
- Provide regular project status reports to department Head, and the Chief Operations Director
- Actively lead the planning, execution, monitoring and controlling of all partnership projects ensuring projects remain on schedule and within budget
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience writing strategic plans, program reports, and delivering presentations to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- 5+ years of complex Project/Program/Product Management experience (PMP certification a plus, but not required)
- Familiarity with the K-12 American education system, including Advanced Placement courses and experience working with schools, students, and/ or administrative bodies
- Comfort interacting with C-level professionals and ability to work with senior level management to carry out the vision and objectives, and the ability to communicate this information to the broader team.
- Seasoned relationship manager with serious interpersonal skills and sense of diplomacy and poise.
- Experience managing/leading a team directly, as well as managing deliverables being produced by teams comprised of cross functional resources
- Experience with and responsibility for program/service development and implementation required
- Highly self-motivated and independent strategic thinker
- Able to perform well and problem solve in high pressure and dynamic situations
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Solid understanding of and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM systems (Salesforce knowledge preferred), and SharePoint
- Ability and willingness to travel across North America as needed
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Read more here:: Idealist