Posted by: Elevate
Washington, DC, US
Elevate, a growing grant writing and nonprofit development strategy firm in Washington, DC, is excited to be hiring an Executive & Office Assistant.
This is an entry-level position at a small but growing start-up business based in Adams Morgan, DC. Through this position, you will make a meaningful contribution to the nonprofit community while supporting the strategic expansion of a growing for-profit business.
You will be a member of Elevate’s four-person operations department, and will provide a supportive role in ensuring the company’s finances, office space, and technology systems are working well. Overall, you will be responsible for supporting the CEO with scheduling and correspondence, managing the day-to-day operations of the office, and coordinating closely with the CEO and Director of Operations on all finance and technology related activities.
- Support the CEO with administrative tasks, including managing an active calendar and composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and following up appropriately.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle projects proactively, and follow-through effectively.
- Check the mail daily. Deposit checks at the bank daily.
- Scan and file all receipts as needed.
- Scan and file bills and update Elevate’s Expenses spreadsheet. Work with Elevate’s Operations Team (OpsTeam) to review and pay bills in a timely manner.
- Scan and file checks received and update Elevate’s Cash Flow spreadsheet daily.
- Send invoices and payment reminders to 70+ clients monthly; learn and use Elevate’s invoice tool, Invoices for Salesforce.
- Support Elevate’s OpsTeam with signing clients up for e-payments and reviewing monthly fees.
- Support the CEO and Director of Operations on forecasting revenue and expenses, and tracking financial benchmarks and dashboards.
- Prepare agendas and notes for regular finance meetings.
- Support Elevate’s annual expense audit to eliminate unnecessary expenses.
- Support Elevate’s staff reimbursement process.
- Maintain and purchase all office supplies.
- Troubleshoot office problems and work with the OpsTeam to develop strategies to prevent routine office problems.
- Work with the OpsTeam to develop metrics for office management.
- Help oversee and develop infrastructure upgrades to Elevate’s physical office.
- Be on-site at Elevate’s offices every day, to problem solve for staff, receive deliveries, etc.
- Serve as a key liaison with Elevate’s vendors.
- Support annual evaluation of Elevate’s vendors to track vendor performance.
- Research and vet potential vendors, including technology and professional service vendors.
- Learn and support staff with all of Elevate’s technology platforms, which include: Salesforce, Google G-Suite, Robin conference room scheduler, TalkRoute voicemail system, Jostle Intranet, [[http:Bill.com|Bill.com]] finance tool, Asana project management, BambooHR HR platform, and more.
- Problem-shoot technology questions for staff.
- Possibly help identify external technology vendor to support staff with tech questions.
- Participate in regular Salesforce improvement meetings.
The Ideal Candidates Will:
- Have experience with Salesforce, Quickbooks, Bill.com, Harvest, Dropbox, and Asana.
- Have 1-2 years experience in an operations and/or finance role, or internship, ideally at a small organization.
- Be intelligent, tech-savvy, organized, and incredibly detail-oriented
- Enjoy regular routine activities.
- Value good communication skills. Be willing to ask and respond to feedback as well as provide meaningful feedback to others.
- Want to help grow a young consulting firm.
Read more here:: Idealist