Posted by: Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT)
Brooklyn, NY, US
Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance access to justice for children and families by providing legal information, community education, and compassionate guidance, while promoting system-wide reform of the courts and public agencies. We empower those without lawyers to successfully self-advocate in the New York Family Courts. To learn more about our programs please visit www.LIFTonline.org
LIFT seeks a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Hotline Associate to join our team. This position reports to the Hotline Program Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide legal information on LIFT’s Telephone, Email, and Live Chat Hotlines about NYS family law;
- Collect and report on data;
- Screen participants for additional LIFT services;
- Schedule appointments for participants;
- Make targeted community-based referrals; and
- Serve as a liaison and support programmatic activities as requested.
- JD preferred, Bachelor degree is a minimum; Recent law school graduates are encouraged to apply;
- Fluency in Spanish;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience or a demonstrated interest in family law, increasing access to justice and providing services to the public;
- Commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate service;
- Professional, energetic, and enthusiastic; and
- Attention to detail and critical thinking.
Salary: LIFT offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, TransitChek Program, as well as a generous time off/holiday policy.
How to Apply: For confidential consideration please email your resume and thoughtful cover letter with “Hotline Associate” in the subject line to HR@LIFTonline.org. No telephone calls please.
LIFT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about LIFT at www.LIFTonline.org
Read more here:: Idealist