Organization: World Food Programme
Closing date: 14 Mar 2017
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
In emergencies, we get food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After the cause of an emergency has passed, we use food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives.
WFP is part of the United Nations system and is voluntarily funded. To learn more about WFP’s operations, please visit our website at: http://www.wfp.org
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Talent Manager, based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Qualifications & Experience Required
* Undergraduate University degree in Human Resources or equivalent
* Five to seven years progressive HR generalist experience in providing strategic support to organizational leaders and employees on a broad range of human resource issues
Skills & Competencies:
* Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships and client relationships, and proven ability to bridge cross-functional boundaries within an organization;
* Experience in business transformation and related HR transition planning;
* Proven ability to understand present and future operational requirements and identify the associated human resource requirements;
* Must have a strong results orientation and a track record of execution with well-developed project management capabilities;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to exercise sound independent judgement;
* Excellent organization skills to prioritize workload in order to achieve results in a constantly changing environment.
* Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Deadine for applications: 14 March 2017
Ref. VA 20621
The Information Technology Division is seeking a strong, experienced HR professional with excellent consulting and relationship building skills paired with extensive knowledge of Human Resources best practices.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief, IT Resource Management (RMTR) the candidate will identify, create, and deliver innovative and pragmatic HR solutions aligned to the IT Strategic Priorities. The candidate will act as a culture driver, talent leader and change agent enabling the priorities of quality and disciplined execution.
In particular, the consultant will be responsible for the following key duties:
* As a business partner to senior leaders, add value by proactively identifying business solutions and providing guidance related to organisational structure, design, and effectiveness to ensure alignment with business needs and achievement of objectives;
* Engage as a strategic advisor in all aspects of HR long and short-term workforce planning, performance management, and leadership development, recommending innovative solutions to your clients to effectively manage their teams;
* Build strong relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders to better understand each unit’s contribution to RMT’s IT strategy, its current priorities, specific issues, performance drivers and pain points;
* Provides coaching, feedback and consulting services to people managers in order to continuously improve employee engagement and performance;
* Work with leaders to implement performance management (PACE), employee training and development, staff relations, talent management and workforce planning;
* Act as the first line of contact for the employees of RMT for HR issues and questions, and guide them to the appropriate resource;
* Identify and partner with appropriate internal resources (ie. Staff Relations, Policy, Legal, Finance, etc.) to resolve client issues;
* Help build and maintain a culture of excellence and one that embodies WFP’s values.
* Assist the staffing coordinator with all tasks such as reassignment process, promotion exercise, staffing recommendations and decisions and recruitment;
* Analyze data and aggregate results into coherent reports and impactful presentations to support leadership decision-making on People;
* Systematically leverage data to support proposals and business recommendations, as well as measure success of HR interventions.
How to apply:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT