Bluegrass Conservancy (BGC) is the largest accredited regional land trust in Kentucky and protects the scenic farmland, cultural landscape, and natural habitat in the Bluegrass Region. BGC is currently seeking a full-time Development Coordinator to perform a range of activities supporting all aspects of the development, fundraising and donor stewardship program with a primary focus on donor database management, gift processing, acknowledgements and maintaining donor relations. He/she will also provide prospect research/tracking for fundraising initiatives and campaigns. This is a new position and will be primarily responsible to work with the Executive Director and Development Committee to coordinate all fund development to include annual, major and planned gifts, special projects and grant writing for the purpose of obtaining individual, foundation, and corporate support. The Development Coordinator may also assist with other special projects as determined by the executive director.
This position will be responsible for:
- Focusing on major gifts fundraising from individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of the BGC and managing a portfolio of 150+ major gift prospects at the $1,000+ level;
- Conducting/coordinating at least 50 personal donor visits annually to develop relationships with major donors and prospects;
- Maintaining donor data and contacts in the database (Donor Perfect) to ensure complete and accurate information on the donor/prospect;
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising plan to meet or exceed the annual fundraising goal per the budget;
- Working with BGC Staff, Board and Development Committee, identify and pursue support from various revenue sources for annual operations and special projects;
- Maintaining up to date knowledge and understanding of development techniques and fundraising best practices to interact with donors and their advisors on charitable gifts;
- Supporting the mission of BGC and maintaining a working knowledge of priority campaigns, programs, and land conservation techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree and specialized training in fundraising practices or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of development experience with proven success in building fundraising programs and in securing major gifts at the five and six-figure level required.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and building relationships with highly rated prospects and donors and ability to communicate the BGC’s mission and programs.
- Experience with and interest in land conservation preferred.
- Knowledge of both on-line and off-line fund raising best practices.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build and foster relationships and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with databases, preferably Donor Perfect and Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to travel and attend evening meetings and weekend events.
Send letter of interest and resume to Elizabeth Buxton, Executive Director, Bluegrass Conservancy, 380 South Mill Street, Suite 205 Lexington, KY 40508 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here:: CNPE