Program Coordinator Job Description
Job Title: Louisville/Western Kentucky Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time Professional (37 hours per week)
Description: The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, administering, and assessing SBAK’s programs and services for families affected by Spina Bifida, as well as Spina Bifida prevention programs, across Kentucky.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and other Program Coordinator to identify needs and program opportunities, and strategically plan programs throughout the year and the state.
- Plan, promote, execute, and assess programs in specified geographic territory in Kentucky.
- Help plan and implement the Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida in Louisville and Paducah.
- Secure exhibitors, sponsors and volunteers for the Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida in Paducah.
- Coordinate volunteers for programs/events.
- Provide one-on-one consultation, research, and referrals to families and individuals who call with questions or concerns. Build relationships with families through programs and by attending clinic, phone calls, emails, and other communications. Encourage support relationships among families.
- Identify opportunities for health fairs and other prevention activities, and serve as primary staff or coordinate volunteers for such opportunities.
- Strictly adhere to grant guidelines when a program has been funded by a grantor.
- Collaborate with other programs and services offered by other community groups when applicable for the best interest of the individual affected by Spina Bifida and the betterment of the association.
- Record all contacts with constituents in the database and follow through with contacts in a timely manner.
- Keep the Executive Director informed of activities, programs, and contacts with families.
- Must have reliable transportation for travel to and from program/event locations.
- Programs/events involve set-up and breakdown, requiring lifting up to 20lbs.
- Available for other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Uphold the mission of the Spina Bifida Association of Kentucky.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience in program/project management
- Detail oriented, Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a small organization, and also independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and budgets while handling multiple projects
- Willingness to work weekend programs and travel to different parts of the state
- Knowledge of Spina Bifida
- Graphic Design/Desktop publishing skills
- Experience working with databases
- Event Coordination experience
Please send your resume and cover letter to Erin Gillespie, SBAK Executive Director:
Mailing Address: SBAK, 982 Eastern Parkway, Box 18, Louisville, KY 40217
Read more here:: CNPE