Posted by: YMCA of Greater New York
Brooklyn, NY, US
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Coney Island YMCA is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for the health and safety of patrons using the facility.
- Must be Instructor Ready: uniform, pocket face mask/gloves, whistle and rescue tube.
- Continuous and active scanning of the pool.
- Ensure instructional equipment remains in good condition; have all equipment ready prior to classes and put away after.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Perform second duties, as requested, only when not lifeguarding.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Follow the directions of the YMCA of Greater New York aquatic supervisors, in accordance with the YMCA aquatic standards.
- Must attain the YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 90 days of hire.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Current CPRO, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen certifications.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and CPRO/FA/EO skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
Read more here:: Idealist