Posted by: WE
Quito, Provincia de Pichincha, Ecuador
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WEis seeking an Artisans Managerto manage the production or Artisans product in Ecuador and sales in our local store. This role oversees the artisans groups in Ecuador. The Artisans Manager in Ecuador will report directly into the Director of Operations of Consumer Engagement.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization – the[[http:WE.org|WE.org]] philosophy.
The position is based out of Quito, Ecuador and the ideal start date is March 13, 2017.
- Oversee regional staff members in charge of coordinating the artisanal groups work in the Amazon and Chimborazo
- Manage, in coordination with the WE Villages team, community relations with all partner communities involved in the Artisans program
- Ensure equitable distribution of production orders between partner communities involved in the Artisans program
- Plan and organize logistics for international design and operations teams during on the field visits
- Work closely with the Toronto based Operations to fulfil orders in timely manner, updating Brightpearl to guarantee the traceability of all the production activity
- Support the team in product development and pricing
- Search of suppliers attending to criteria of quality and price in the local market
- Maintain supplier relations for all inputs ranging from raw materials and produced goods
- Control inventory of raw materials, finished products and packing materials and record in Brightpearl
- Maintain logs of distribution, collection and export of raw materials and products
- In coordination with Toronto based Operations team, manage the international shipment of the customer orders
- Management and planning inventory needs for the store, guarantying correct replenishment of the store
- Record of revenue generated in the store, using Brightpearl as supporting software to manage inventory and sales
- Manage, coordinate and schedule seasonal staff working in the store (February to November)
- In consultation with local and international teams, plan quarterly budgets and report on quarterly spending
- Work closely with the Accounting and Toronto-based Operations teams to ensure prompt payments and maintenance of supplier accounts
- Reporting sales revenue using Brightpearl
WE Villages Program collaboration
- Work closely with the WE Villages team to produce quarterly reporting including photos, testimonial translation, and benchmarks
- Support the WE Villages team in community relations as pertains to the continuing success of both the artisan program and WE Villages as a whole. This includes attending community meetings and relaying any questions or concerns from the community to the WE Villages team
- Seek opportunities to grow the WE Villages program in accordance with overall strategy, particularly with the Opportunities Pillar
- Co-Manage two coordinator level employees, one in Chimborazo, one in the Amazon
What you bring:
The interested candidate to the position will require the following skill set:
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner at all levels; internal and external to the organization in English and Spanish. Communication is a key factor to success in this role.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience training and supervising staff
- Ability to work and succeed with minimal direction
- Powerful work ethic, both as a team player, but also a forward thinking self-starter
- Ability to drive and availability to travel frequently to the different production sites
- Positive, flexible and a get-it-done attitude.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and online research.
- Resourceful, self-motivated and energetic
What is required to be successful in this role…
- Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Be willing to commit to extra time in busy seasons and have a flexible lifestyle
- Focus on closest to the dollar activities and a sense of urgency
- The ability to identify opportunities to improve our sales strategies and tactics
- Over communication with team
- Closeness to Associate Director’s/Director’s vision, priorities and deliverables
- Belief in the value of ME to WE and the products and services it provides.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Read more here:: Idealist