Posted by: YMCA of Greater New York
New York, NY, US
SALARY: $16.65 P/H – $22.89 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.The West Side YMCA is seeking a creative, reliable, and organized Music Director / Teaching Artist for youth (ages 6 –12, and teens), who will provide musical and vocal leadership, direction, and instruction to program participants, and serve as the conductor of the Kids Company Production program.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Provide program participants with a fun, safe, and healthy learning environment, ensuring to foster age-appropriate musical learning experiences.
- Adapt music to support the program participants’ singing level, and assemble final orchestrations. Lead pit orchestra, and serve as the conductor and musician during program sessions and shows.
- Adhere to all YMCA of Greater New York procedures and program standards.
- Actively recruit for classes.
- Make clear, practical demonstrations of class material.
- Adhere to and role model the YMCA of Greater New York’s Core Values of respect, responsibility, honesty, and caring.
- Meet all outlined department goals and deadlines.
- Actively participate in all designated meetings, rehearsals and performances.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in Music preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience and advanced training/degrees in Music, Piano, Voice, Musical Theater, and/or Music Education.
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Diverse musical background a plus.
- Excellent customer service.
Read more here:: Idealist