Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
Based in Abuja, Nigeria, the Regional HR Operations Manager will drive consistency and effectiveness in HR Operations policies and practices to ensure effective, strategic and efficient delivery of local HR Operations within Nigeria and increasingly activities in the West & Central Africa Region. Working directly with local HR Managers and project staff, the Regional HR Manager will provide strategic guidance and support in the areas of employee relations issues, local compensation planning, performance management, key HR disciplinary processes, employee benefits, recruitment and proposal capture. The Regional HR manager will also manage the Nigeria and progressively regional talent strategy with respect to compensation, hiring, retention, employee development.
Reporting directly to the Director, Global HR Operations this role will work to support the Practice Area Directors and will collaborate and interact regularly with the COPs and HQ program teams they support.
Regional Human Resources Operations & Capacity Building
- Identify, train and advise a capable Human Resources Professional in each field office to serve as the leader for Human Resources in the field office;
- Provide operational HR support to field HR teams and project leadership while supporting the HR planning process for effective HR programing in the region;
- Partner with program and functional leaders within the region to understand the areas of greatest HR needs in the field offices, and develop a plan and resources to support these needs;
- Provide ongoing training and support to field office leaders and staff on HR management;
- Provide project start-up and close-out support;
- Lead local regional performance management and succession planning annual review process. Provide strategic advice on performance management and career development to key program stakeholders to strengthen the links between individual performance and delivery of strategic priorities;
- Ensure quality new hire orientations and on-boarding practices across the region that help integrate new hires successfully into Creative; develop materials that can be adapted for use in local hire orientations;
- Analyze regional trends and metrics in partnership with the Global HR Division to develop solutions, programs and policies;
- In consultation with Global HR Director/Security, manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as necessary;
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of country legal requirements related to management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with HQ Global HR and the legal department as needed/required;
- Oversee UltiPro data/employment administration processes to ensure data integrity;
- Work closely with regional HR managers, program/functional leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention;
- Mentors and coaches local HR staff;
Other duties as assigned
Regional Human Resources Compliance
Provide coaching and support for Regional HR Managers and their staffs to build the required culture, values and ethical compliance.
Identify areas of need and drive the plan for full regional compliance;
Ensure a plan exists in each field office to achieve full compliance with local employment laws; support and monitor plans as necessary;
Ensure field office HR systems, including manuals, policies and procedures, are developed, continuously monitored and updated and are compliant with local laws, HQ standards and HR best practices;
Conduct field office audits to ensure HR compliance with Creative standards and procedures;
Training & Development
Partner with HQ program and functional teams to plan training/development for employees and managers in support of program business objectives, corporate programs and career planning.
Regional HR Talent Management & Recruitment
Work in partnership with project HR staff and managers and US hiring managers to attract key talent and acquire a highly talented and diverse workforce;
Ensure transparent and legally compliant full-cycle recruitment process is in place for each project and is consistent with Creative hiring guidelines.
Provide regional surge recruitment as necessary.
Regional HR Business Development – Capture
Coordinate the preparation of HR programs and tools (compensation and benefits programs, Employee Handbooks, SOPs, manuals, management guidelines, and other HR infrastructure) to support proposals and new projects.
Recruit local staff in support of new business development efforts.
Minimum Required Education:
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years’ related HR experience; MA degree or a Law Degree with emphasis in Labor Law and 5 years related HR experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Nigeria and multi-country practice, particularly in West Africa, will be considered a plus.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities: required to perform the essential duties of this job.
Working knowledge of and experience in international, regional and national HR.
Working knowledge of and experience in local labor, particularly in Honduras, and employment laws and legal resources.
High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, project staff, and clients.
Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and French including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
Must be detail oriented and highly organized. Able to support and respond to the needs of the project HR teams as quickly as possible to enable consistent project service delivery
Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Ability to work independently as well as perform in matrix organization.
Must possess strong computer skills: ability to work with Microsoft Office product suite and HR systems (UltiPro a plus).
Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
Must have the ability and willingness to travel (up to 30%).
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please apply on company website: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*423A21FB7D6D47A3
Read more here:: ReliefWeb