Organization: Assessment Capacities Project
Closing date: 12 Mar 2017
Are you an experienced leader prepared to take on a new challenge as ACAPS’ Head of Programme?
The Assessment Capacities Project (ACAPS) is dedicated to helping humanitarians take better decisions. We want to put evidence at the heart of decision-making and strive to be an evolving platform providing:
- Independent analysis to support evidence-based decision making for humanitarian operations.
- Deployment of experts to support assessments and analysis in crisis.
- Innovative approaches to collect more reliable and timely data and conduct rigorous analysis.
ACAPS is a project implemented by Action Contre La Faim, (ACF), Norwegian Refugee Council and Save the Children.
As part of the current restructuring of ACAPS the position as Head of Support Service has been created to strengthen services with respect to human resources, financial and administrative management.
- Ensure a strategic approach to innovation, ensuring that tools and methodologies continuously evolve in line with the operational requirement
- Advise the ACAPS Director and the ACAPS consortium on decisions related to the above mentioned activities
- Overall responsibility for the quality of ACAPS’ products, methodologies and operational activitieManage ACAPS’ Programme Unit by further developing a culture of continual learning, effectiveness and in-depth analysis
- Ensure that quality assurance processes are in place so that ACAPS’ analytical products are of a high standard
- Provide strategic leadership, including identifying priorities and ensuring that analysis products are produced in a timely mannerIdentify areas where ACAPS could produce new types of reports or carry out different types of analysis to best support humanitarian decision makers
- Manage the process of deploying roster members, either as project teams or as individuals, including agreeing and documenting the scope of work, identifying appropriate candidates, providing ongoing support and supervision to deployed team members and providing them with feedback post-deployment
- Support identification of new funding opportunities to grow ACAPS’ core funding and operational activities to support humanitarian needs assessment and analysis preparedness and response.
- At least 10 years field and headquarters experience in the humanitarian sector, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a senior management position
- Advanced degree within relevant field of studySolid understanding of the principles of emergency preparedness, response and early recovery
- Experience with rapid decision making, sometimes with incomplete or imperfect information during a fast changing situation
- Proven ability to work strategically, to set goals of a project and to implement them in a flexible and creative way
- Demonstrated understanding of needs assessments in humanitarian crisis
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding coordination, communication and inter-personal skills
- A innovative mind-setProven capacity to persuade and influence others
- Driven by a results oriented approach
- A high tolerance for working under highly stressful conditions
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of French is an asset
- A great opportunity to work in an international setting within a world leading analytical work environment
- Significant life experiences through challenges and self-development.
- Travel: up to 30%, depending on field programming needs
- NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates.
To see the full job description, please follow this link
How to apply:
Please enter the geographical location for all your previous positions when registering your CV. Whilst there is no specific field for this information in our CV form, please include it in the “Company name” field
Please submit your full application in English
To apply for the position, please follow this link
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI