Organization: Assessment Capacities Project
Closing date: 12 Mar 2017
Are you an experienced leader interested in establishing our new support service unit?
The Assessment Capacities Project (ACAPS) is dedicated to helping humanitarians take better decisions. We want to put evidence at the heart of decision-making and strive to be an evolving platform providing:
Independent analysis to support evidence-based decision making for humanitarian operations.
Deployment of experts to support assessments and analysis in crisis.
Innovative approaches to collect more reliable and timely data and conduct rigorous analysis.
ACAPS is a project implemented by Action Contre La Faim, (ACF), Norwegian Refugee Council and Save the Children.
As part of the current restructuring of ACAPS the position as Head of Support Service has been created to strengthen services with respect to human resources, financial and administrative management.
- Manage the support service unit in ACAPS Geneva and provide guidance to ACAPS Staff in NRC Oslo
- Be an integral part of the ACAPS management team
- Develop and maintain up-to-date HR, financial, administrative and IT policies and guidelines
- Advise the ACAPS Director and the ACAPS consortium on decisions related to the above mentioned policies
- Ensure that the policies and guidelines are adhered toLead efficient and effective budget planning, grant management, monitoring and reporting processes in line with NRC financial procedures
- Oversee compliance for all legal agreements and work permits, including appropriate communication and reporting to all social insurances, administration and tax authorities and compliance with local social security and insurances regulations for ACAPS staff
- Advanced degree within relevant field of study
- Minimum 5 years’ experience related to financial and administrative management, including supervision of staff
- Proven managerial skills and ability to perform strategic financial management
- Deep understanding of the humanitarian system
- Experience of managing reporting, financial and administrative requirements of institutional donors
- Hands-on change management experience
- Driven by the opportunity to develop new skills
- A keen interest to coach staff on new initiatives
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of French is an asset
- A great opportunity to work in an international setting within a world leading analytical work environment
- Significant life experiences through challenges and self-development.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates.
To see the full job description, please follow this link
How to apply:
Please enter the geographical location for all your previous positions when registering your CV. Whilst there is no specific field for this information in our CV form, please include it in the “Company name” field.
Please submit your full application in English
To apply for the position, please follow this link
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI