Posted by: The Philadelphia Youth Network
Philadelphia, PA, US
The Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) is a nationally-recognized intermediary organization dedicated to improving the economic and education outcomes of Philadelphia’s youth. PYN organizes its work around five core functions: leveraging, coordinating and managing public and private investment directed at youth education and workforce development in the Philadelphia region; convening and leading cross-sector partnerships and initiatives that enhance opportunities available to Philadelphia youth; designing, overseeing and replicating program models that prepare Philadelphia youth for education and the workforce; managing a service-delivery system created to ensure citywide coordination of youth career-connected educational services; building the capacity of youth-serving providers. The services that fall within the initiatives managed by PYN focus particularly on youth that live in poverty, have dropped out, or are at risk of dropping out of school and/or are involved with public care systems.
About the Partnerships for Employment Pathways Department:
Pathways department collaborates with partners locally, regionally and nationally to support education and employment opportunities for youth and young adults. We strive to achieve excellence in worksite quality across PYN initiatives and use innovative approaches in the direct management of youth workforce programs.
Key areas of focus include:
- Cultivating relationships with the employer community to support career-connected education opportunities
- Directly managing programing for youth workforce opportunities
- Leading worksite quality efforts for PYN initiatives
- Supporting city-wide partners and projects to promote high-quality employment pathway opportunities for our city’s youth and young adults
The Youth Enrollment Assistant, PEP is part of a seasonal team designed to provide city-wide access to youth interested in the internship model of WorkReady summer programs managed by the Partnership for Employment Pathways team at PYN. The Enrollment Assistant will work primarily to ensure approximately 1,000 youth are recruited and enrolled in the WorkReady system. This position requires a flexible schedule and the ability to work evenings beginning April to June. It also requires light travel and work outside of the PYN office.
- Support and visit partners that refer youth to WorkReady programs
- Support and conduct city-wide enrollment sessions in accordance with applicable labor laws and practices
- Call and email applicants to schedule them for city-wide enrollment sessions
- Assist youth with completion of program-required paperwork
- Communicate with applicants and parents the details and requirements of the PEP managed-internship program.
- Serve as an example of professionalism through in-person interactions, over the phone and in written communication such as email.
- Generate reports and enter information into necessary database(s)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED as well as pursuing additional education (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Ability to take ownership and drive responsibilities through to completion
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a high-performing team and project a positive attitude
- Ability to be multi-task and be flexible
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office
- Ability to work evenings
- Successful completion of background checks (PA state criminal, Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse and F.B.I. fingerprinting)
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Typically working hours are from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm with an hour-long lunch break. These hours may be subject to change based on support needed for enrollment sessions.
Travel is primarily local and occurs during the business day throughout the City of Philadelphia and the surrounding counties to various worksite locations via walking, public transit and on occasion personal vehicle. More frequent travel occurs during pre-summer and summer season.
Physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly communicates with business professionals at all levels and youth who are seeking employment in the WorkReady Program. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in a variety of situations. The employee frequently moves about inside the office as well as outside while travelling to enrollment session sites and partner schools. Frequently operates a computer and other office equipment such as copy machine, printers, telephone, etc.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Successful completion of background checks (PA State Criminal, PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse, U.S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry, and F.B.I. fingerprinting).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Read more here:: Idealist