Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 03 May 2017
Job ID: 13823
The primary functions of project control are to complement programme management and provide support for oversight of projects including the formulation of a monitoring plan, quality assurance, and verification. Other activities of project control include: review of project agreements, project audit, monitoring that there is synchrony between financial and operational performance, participation in multi-functional monitoring activities and reviews, tracking project risk management, and supporting project closure. It is essential to maintain segregation of duties between project control and programme functions for effective accountability and oversight. Therefore, the incumbent should report directly to the same senior management level as programme, i.e. Country Representative, Deputy Representative, Head of Office. The incumbent may supervise national and international staff.
Project Control Officers play a very important role in maintaining harmonious and effective partnerships, and often interact with implementing partners. As a result, incumbents need to be very mindful of all dimensions of partnerships in their interaction with partners (in accordance with the Principles of Partnership, the Code of Conduct and other relevant documents).
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, Economics or related field, OR university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting, auditing or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent).
- Minimum eight years of previous job experience in the field of accounting/finance, project management, business analysis, quality assurance and/or risk management, of which at least two years in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar).
- Excellent knowledge of international auditing standards, with a minimum of two years of practical experience in auditing.
- Good understanding of project and resource management.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French language.
- (In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
- *For National Officer positions, very good knowledge of local language and local institutions is essential.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Professional qualification in accounting, auditing or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent).
- Project management accreditation highly desirable.
- Risk management certification.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR systems (such as Focus and MSRP).
- Excellent knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
- Good understanding of the workflows of major Entreprise Resource Planning financial modules (such as PeopleSoft, SAP or Oracle).
- Working experience with accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS)UNHCR strongly encourages female candidates.
Please note that the closing date for all vacancies in the Add. 1 to March 2017 Compendium is Wednesday, 3 May 2017 (midnight Geneva time).
How to apply:
Job ID:13823. Applications must be submitted online via the official UNHCR Careers Page: http://www.unhcr.org/careers.html. Please click on international vacancies to apply.
Deadline for applications: 3rd May 2017 (midnight Geneva time)
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT