Tasks and responsibilities
The Communications Officer will support the implementation of the EU FLEGT and REDD facilities’ communication strategies with a focus on writing and editing publications and web-based multimedia content. More specifically, he/she will:
- Conceptualise, write and edit content about FLEGT and REDD+.
- Adapt and repurpose content for various audiences and news media, including web content, speeches, publications, briefings, talking points, key messages, presentations, videos, illustrations.
- Oversee daily and annual programming, management and efficient implementation of editorial services, to provide timely, accurate and high-quality multimedia content for specific audiences.
- Manage and supervise a stable of writers, editors and translators, manage contracts and evaluate performance.
- Formulate editorial policy and processes, style guides and standards and advice authors, management, facilities’ experts and close partners on editorial matters.
- Degree in journalism, communication or other related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years’ experience writing and editing text in English.
- Experience transforming highly technical information into easily accessible plain-language content for a variety of audiences and in multimedia formats.
- Exceptional copy editing skills and ability to support writers from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to work on complex and politically sensitive issues with a large range of stakeholders.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary environment.
- Experience in communicating about forest and natural resource related issues, and working with/in developing countries an advantage.
- Native level command of English language; fluency in French an advantage.
The post is based at the EFI Barcelona Office in Barcelona, Spain.
The Communications Officer will be an EFI staff member. The initial duration of employment will be two years including a four-month probation period. EFI offers a competitive benefits and salary package.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV with a motivation letter in English by 15th May 2017, using our online application form. If it is not possible to apply online please send your application to efi.hr @ efi.int.
All applications will be treated confidentially. EFI is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about the post please contact Jennifer Bisping: jennifer.bisping @ efi.int.
Please note that only candidates that have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Read more here:: GFIS