Organization: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Closing date: 04 May 2017
Title: Junior M&E Officer
Reports to:Program manager
Duty station: Duhok office with frequent travels to Erbil, GIZ Education program
Under the overall guidance of GIZ organization and direct supervision of the Project, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the project activities of the Social Cohesion Team, in camps and off camps, in two districts, Duhok and Erbil. The Junior M&E Officer ensures high quality and timely outputs of the GIZ implementation partner. The Junior M&E Officer is responsible in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects of Education program – social cohesion The Junior M&E Officer is responsible to identify M&E and learning needs of the project and comes up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects. The Junior M&E Officer works in close collaboration with project team, partners and Governmental entities.
– Monitoring and documentation on a daily basis of all Social Cohesion activities of the Education program including random field visits, spot checks etc.,
– Monitoring and support visits to partners to meet accurate M&E requirements.
– Collect accurate and consistent information and data.
– M&E reporting in close coordination with the Social Cohesion team based in Dohuk.
– Accurate data analysis and presentation (i.e. charts, etc.).
– Maintaining registration data base and Excel on a daily basis.
– Uploading files on GIZ DMS (Data Management System).
– Setting up, and ensure adequate reporting mechanisms together with Education program.
– Support monitoring and evaluation of the impact and results of the project;
· Designs – and conducts focus group discussions, surveys (according to statistical methodologies, quantitative and or qualitative
· Conduct regular visits to project sites camps and off camps in Duhok and Erbil Governorate, to carry out process monitoring as well as gather feedback from the staff and beneficiary community about the implemented projects and submit a detail report about the activities.
· Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
· Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
· Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
· Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
· Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
· Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
· Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress reports on all project activities to the project manager;
· Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor degree in social/political/economic or IT related sciences from a recognized university,
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in the Humanitarian/and/or development sector, preferably with an international NGO, UN or bilateral institution in the field of refugees/IDPs,
- Specific experience in working with surveys, quantitative, qualitative methodologies, evaluations and designing of monitoring tools,
- Very good data base operator,
- Must be Kurdish/Arab speaker,
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Knowledge Management and Learning
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Shows discipline and punctuality in all aspects of the work,
- Is showing a high degree of resilience and patience,
- Must be familiar with Duhok and Erbil Governorate, its institutions and mandates,
- is willing to upskill own learning/knowledge as per required tasks,
- Is an excellent team-player
D. Other duties/additional tasks
- The M/E officer will from time to time be involved in conducting other tasks deemed necessary by the project manager, including assisting on planning for delegations, press material, reporting to GIZ Head of Mission, Dohuk/ Erbil, site visits coordinating with other stakeholders etc.
How to apply:
please send your CV/Resume to the following email address: Jobs.GIZ.KRI@giz.de
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV