Organization: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Closing date: 04 May 2017
Title: Project assistant
Reports to: Project manager
Duty station: Duhok office, GIZ Education program
The project assistant is responsible for
Assisting the project management staff in his/her administrative tasks
Carrying out administrative duties by collecting data, sorting, filing and sending out project files to the right personnel, workers, and stakeholders.
Filing documents in reference files or in the GIZ-Document-Management-System (DMS) in line with GIZ’s filing rules
Creating and updating records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
· Organize and coordinates appointments for the manager
· Facilitates, support and coordinates tasks of project staff and implementing partners
· Regularly draws up a list of forthcoming meetings and events
· Photocopies and scans documents as needed
· Helps organize events and document meetings, workshops and seminars within or outside the project
· Helps prepare visitor programs, draws up travel schedule, organize transport of visitors, make hotel and ticket reservation.
· Arrange meetings, presentations, seminars and trainings being organized and call the attention of the director to them where and when they are needed.
· Participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with documenting these, e.g. by taking minutes
· Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, email) and priorities and organize it
· Responsible for all procurement processes for the projects need starting from preparing requests for (items &services) and follow-up and perform the purchasing process as per the procurements regulations
· Assists in creating and maintaining a filing system for the office
· Maintains the inventory list for the office/project/program
· Creates and address file with important contact addresses and maintains this Coordinates with the logistic and procurement unit for project procurement issues
· Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
· Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
· Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
· Fluency in Kurdish and Arab language (written and spoken) is required.
· Very good English language skills (written and spoken) is required, German language knowledge is considered an asset.
· Good coordination and organizational skills
· Discipline and punctuality
· Cstomer and service-oriented attitude
· Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How to apply:
Please send your CV/Resume to the following email address: Jobs.GIZ.KRI@giz.de
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV