Red Stag Timber is the industry leader in producing quality timber products. Operating New Zealand’s largest sawmill, known as the Waipa Mill, it is a well-established and successful business. The Waipa Mill is located 5 minutes south of the Rotorua CBD in the central Bay of Plenty region; a perfect location to work, live and play!
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Red Stag Timber to join the senior management team as Sales and Marketing Manager. This role reports to the General Manager and joins a very experienced senior management team.
We are looking for someone who will fit our Red Stag Timber culture and bring relevant expertise to build on the successes already achieved. You will already come equipped with at least ten years’ experience in marketing and sales growth, preferably in a business-to-business industrial commodity environment.
Your leadership style will reflect Red Stag Timber’s values; importantly showing respect for others, integrity and honesty. Previous major customers as referees are a pre-requisite to being shortlisted for an interview.
This role will:
- Lead and motivate the 11 strong sales team, to achieve value and volume targets.
- Be responsible for overseeing the business relationship with key customers, sales agents, distribution channels and logistics to set, plan and achieve an annual Sales and Operations plan.
- Oversee and contribute continuous improvement strategies to ensure effective internal processes and customer service best practice is consistently achieved.
- Ensure an effective plan is agreed and communicated with the wider Red Stag Timber team to grow sales value and volume which optimise production capacity, while meeting both demand and quality service levels.
- Provide sales progress and marketing updates to the Board as required both in writing and at quarterly Board meetings.
- Oversee Red Stag Timber’s marketing strategies as agreed with the Board and General Manager.
To be successful in this role, in addition to relevant work experience, you will possess:
- Proven successful management of a high performing sales team in a business to business environment.
- Experience in marketing industrial commodities in comparable industries.
- High levels of organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail and a strong multi-tasking ability.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a consultative and solution-based approach to sales.
- An assertive personality, which is balanced with initiative and poise.
- Highly competent levels of computer literacy within MS Office.
- A supportive and flexible home environment, which will allow for domestic and overseas travel.
- A current and clean NZ driver’s license and valid passport.
Read more here:: GFIS