Gold Island Forest Products Ltd. is currently recruiting for a:
Gold Island Forest Products is a family owned and operated specialty sawmill located in Southeast British Columbia.
With the current improvement in the lumber markets and continued company growth, Gold Island Forest Products requires a Sawmill Supervisor with the following qualifications:
– 10+ years sawmill experience and demonstrated supervisory experience
– Experience and familiarity with thin kerf band technology
– Experience with Woodmizer primary breakdown equipment is extremely desirable
– Proven ability dealing with human resource training, supervision, and development
– Understanding of timber programs and lumber grading
– The ability and experience to work as a “Hands On” supervisor in a non-unionized workplace
– Knowledge and understanding of Labor Standards and industry related WCB Guidelines
– A recognized grading ticket would be considered an asset but is not required
Gold Island Forest Products Ltd. is located in the Nelson/Castlegar area of British Columbia and provides access to an active outdoor lifestyle with skiing, snowmobiling, mountain biking, hiking, fishing and many other activities within 15-30 minutes from where you live.
Job Type: Full-time
- sawmill: 10 years
Read more here:: GFIS